Junk fooding

My daughter has tried it when they sampled it. She said it was really good. I have not tried it though. I got their jalapeño corn bread today but haven’t tried it.

If you like peanuts or peanut butter, try the Peanut Crunch McFlurry at McDonalds. Also add caramel for .50c extra and get extra peanuts (free). Tried it tonight and it was very good.

Surprised qwertaco hasn't posted this:

1692201108400.png

It's actually good although expensive. They are also doing Taco Tuesdays now that they "freed" it.

Back to desserts, if you've ever eaten at Mod Pizza, that have this overpriced dessert called the NoName Cake. It's like around $3.50 and it's
basically a Ding Dong:

1692201287850.png
They have a strawberry variant out but I couldn't bring myself to spending $4 on it (need to visit the basketball court near qwerdollar's house to get my dessert fund). Plus I can hear OC2SV's voice saying "Sugar causes cancer!".

1692201254905.png
1692201371516.png

IHO - I have not tried it but it is definitely on my to do list for this week. Sounds like you tried it and liked it. I’ll report back. I’m a big fan of both their macho cheese and red sauce. I normally get extra red sauce when it comes on an item but never thought to ask for a side as a dipping sauce. I’m sure I’ll be doing that now :)

PS - just taped $100 to the backboard. You know where to find it.

Nacho cheese and red sauce are the default dips... you can choose others.

I'm trying to remember but Taco Bell had taquitos at one time... they should bring those back too. :)

Need to bring a ladder... can't jump like I used to anymore.

If you're looking for a cheesy taco, try Rubio's on Tuesday. Most Rubios Tacos (fish/chicken/steak) are only $2.50 on Tuesdays and you can customize it to be "Keto Style" wrapped in Cheese instead of Tortilla for no extra charge.

I got the Fish Taco Especial with Guac wrapped in Cheese for $2.50 yesterday. It's very hearty, 2 of those a-la carte will definitely fill you up.

I ate at Papi tacos in Norwalk recently. Interestingly they serve tacos with beef consume as taco dip (like French dip). They have 4 locations, the closest to Irvine would be the Santa Ana location.

o.jpg

I'll be blunt, the food is not "healthy". But if you enjoy street food full of flavor dripping grease, you're at the right place.

I ate at Papi tacos in Norwalk recently. Interestingly they serve tacos with beef consume as taco dip (like French dip). They have 4 locations, the closest to Irvine would be the Santa Ana location.

o.jpg

I'll be blunt, the food is not "healthy". But if you enjoy street food full of flavor dripping grease, you're at the right place.
So it sounds like it’s a thumbs up on flavor. I’ve been eyeing this place for a couple of months on Yelp but haven’t made my way there. I’ll have to try this soon as well. Maybe I’ll have cheese shell tacos at rubios for lunch one day and dinner here to test my ability to not have a heart attack.

o.jpg

This is birria. Traditionally, the consome is made with goat, but beef is the most common nowadays.

Ya it’s really good, try it next Tuesday only $2.50/ea! I fed the whole family for $20 and we were stuffed.
Went last night. I forgot how slow Rubio's service is and now I remember why I never go there on Taco Tuesday.

Tacos were good, tried one fish and one chicken.

Nice that they don't charge extra for the cheese tortillas... as I think they have to make them and I haven't found any premade ones in a normal grocery store.

Now if only Taco Bell or Del Taco did this. :)

ate at Papi tacos in Norwalk recently. Interestingly they serve tacos with beef consume as taco dip (like French dip). They have 4 locations, the closest to Irvine would be the Santa Ana location.

We ate at the one in Santa Monica due to @momopi. A little pricey but good:

1693436206152.png1693436260843.png

We got the OG combo, clockwise from the top, quesataco, quesadilla, taco dorado, mulita. My favorite was the quesataco (top one). The one by itself at the bottom is a keto taco (cheese shell) but not as good as Rubios.

Don't tell anyone I left the Irvine bubble.

Back