John McCain broke a few of my ribs...

That was funny....but I was very surprised to see a side ad from the "Protect Marriage " people. I wouldn't have expected that on HuffPo as Arianna is a champion of the gay community. I've met her several times and she is just brilliant.

[quote author="Trooper" date=1223825586]That was funny....but I was very surprised to see a side ad from the "Protect Marriage " people. I wouldn't have expected that on HuffPo as Arianna is a champion of the gay community. I've met her several times and she is just brilliant.</blockquote>

The advertising on internet sites goes by automated key words. It is the same reason why so many housing bubble blogs have so much advertising for mortgages. You know... mortgages, interest rates, homedebtor, equality, gay rights, etc. can attract a wide variety of ads, even if they are the complete opposite of what the site believes. Don't be offended by the site, be offended by the advertisers who know how to manipulate the key words to get the ad spot.

[quote author="Trooper" date=1223828582]That makes sense. Is there any way to stop it ?</blockquote>

Install the Firefox browser:

<a href="http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/">Firefox</a>

Then install the "AdBlock plus" extension. Disables ads, banners, whatever you want. Other users maintain lists of blocked elements, you 'subscribe' to the one or two biggest lists, and voila! No more ads! I don't remember the last time I saw one. Makes browsing so much more enjoyable.

Back