John Laing homes/Laing Luxury homes vs. Standard Pacific homes?

Standard Pacific is cool, but definitely go with the John Laing, they are a reliable company and will be around for years to come, unlike stan pac.

Laing Luxury is gone. And it is in chapter 11 bk. They have shut down all thier divisions. When Dubai bought them 3 or 4 years ago they paid 1 Billion for the company. Then the market tanked and the Dubai construction firm pumed anothr $600k more before pulling the plug. They are having a hard time getting BK financing and the Dubai construction firm that owns them is in dire straits of thier own. My guess is they are just going to sell WL Homes in pieces and dump it for cheap.

[quote author="OCCOBRA" date=1242569406]Laing Luxury is gone. And it is in chapter 11 bk. They have shut down all thier divisions. When Dubai bought them 3 or 4 years ago they paid 1 Billion for the company. Then the market tanked and the Dubai construction firm pumed anothr $600k more before pulling the plug. They are having a hard time getting BK financing and the Dubai construction firm that owns them is in dire straits of thier own. My guess is they are just going to sell WL Homes in pieces and dump it for cheap.</blockquote>

Try $600 million.

Also, these are just rumors, if hyen likes a john laing home, he should buy it. I'm sure the government is going to cover the warranty.

My first home is built by William Lyon Homes and the home that I am moving to is built by John Laing Homes. I can feel definitely John Laing Homes is a better built compare to William Lyon's. They can't even build a straight wall... I hang a picture and every time I look at it, it is not balanced. After several attempts of keep trying to make it balanced, I noticed the wall is not proportion. But then I am comparing two different houses...

Back