Javier's

socal78

What's better seating -- patio or inside? I need to book a table at Javier's- Irvine Spectrum. I've actually never been there. They have also remodeled. Which area is either the least noisy or the least crowded?

Believe they have a private room if you have enough people to book it, we've been in there multiple times for various bday parties or out of town family comes into town and want to try it, but both the patio and inside are loud and noisy. It's going to be crowded, doesn't matter if you're inside or out. The front patio area is open seating, but may have changed since I haven't been in the past 6 months or so.

I haven't been to the Javiers in Newport in years, but that could be another choice, possibly less noisy? Drinks at Javiers then Mastros next door for dinner used to be a date night.

Newport location closed for remodeling. They laid off 239 workers.

I've read some recent yelp reviews about it being loud, cramped and chaotic in Irvine. I bet it's worse right now with Newport being temporarily closed because those diners are probably going to the Irvine location instead. I just wasn't sure if it's like that every night. We're probably going on a Sunday night. A small group. Too small for a private room.

It's for my son's high school graduation. He wants fried ice cream. Might have to choose something else instead.

It's for my son's high school graduation. He wants fried ice cream. Might have to choose something else instead.

o.jpg

Newport location closed for remodeling. They laid off 239 workers.

I've read some recent yelp reviews about it being loud, cramped and chaotic in Irvine. I bet it's worse right now with Newport being temporarily closed because those diners are probably going to the Irvine location instead. I just wasn't sure if it's like that every night. We're probably going on a Sunday night. A small group. Too small for a private room.

It's always crowded at Javiers, would choose another place if you want a quieter, more intimate, dinner. Can try and go to the patio in the afternoon since it should be first come first serve, sit at the patio and get some fried ice cream before dinner.

Calo at south coast plaza has fried ice cream and it’s ambience is Javier-ish - upscale Mexican

The first pic on Yelp is actually the fried ice cream. My wife like the food, I thought it was average. But we have only gone once.

https://yelp.to/MSRpK1NDHv

The fried ice cream at Rodrigo’s is actually really good. I like going there because the ambiance feels like the Mexico Pavilion at Epcot in Disney world, so it gives me vacation vibes lol.

Sign up for their emails on the app and they give you $10 off coupons every month (Sun-Thurs)

Back