Jalape?os taco Tuesday's $1.50

ps99472

Been ordering Jalape?os past couple Tuesday's, they have their crunchy and soft tacos for $1.50 each.  We're a big fan of their al pastor tacos.  Closest we have in Irvine to taco truck style street tacos (if u know a taco truck in Irvine let me know where it's at!).  They even have lengua and buche ( had to google that one).  Here's the al pastor
34b47b2c.jpg

Messy but good.

Only one complaint is their salsa bar, it's a little disgusting if u think about it, thick wooden spoon that's too big for the teensy salsa cups, meaning it dribbles down a stranger's "super clean" fingers and back into the salsa bowl to mix with all the other dribbles.  I usually take a plastic fork right next to the salsa and scoop from the back of the salsa so to minimize the back dribble and try not to think bout it while I eat my chips.

I love Jalapeno's... the Irvine location just recently started doing Taco Tuesdays as the others ones did so a while ago.

Woodbury had a better (read: no wooden spoon) location... and I think Lake Forest's is probably better than both.

If you're afraid of the spoon try Tustin (not sure if it's still there)... but Lake Forest has metal scoop spoons and an additional salsa I haven't seen at Irvine's.

Walking Dead this thread because I didn't feel like starting another Taco Tuesday one and I like to TI-stalk ps9.

So I drove all the way to Chronic Tacos at about 8pm tonight thinking that it would not be crowded. I was wrong... it was at least 8 people deep for 45 minutes. Is that because Jalapeno's closed?

Their TT special is $1.99 tacos on all their $2.99 tacos (the fish and shrimp are excluded).

I had pastor and a fried potato taco.

I'm still not sure what the allure of Chronic is other than maybe people think they have special cilantro.

Can't wait for Cafe Rio to open... at least it's something other than Chipotle and Baja Fresh.

Back