Ivy by Willian Lyon Homes in Woodbury East Irvine

It is very cool to hear that BK will be involved with this downtown project. Hopefully, the vision will not get effed up by whoever ends up developing this project.

[quote author="momopi" date=1247897427]SCAG's mandate for 35,660 units are allocated as follows:

40.3% Above moderate income

20% Moderate Income households

18% Low income households

21.7% Very low income households

Is there a requirement that xx% must be for sale and not rental units?

I read that for 2009, "Moderate income" in OC is set at $111,600 for 1-2 persons & $130,200 for 3 person households. "Low income" is defined at $66,960 & $77,004 for existing structures, and $78,120 & $89,838 for new construction. I'm not sure what the very low income limit is set at.

Does anyone have better numbers?

Personally, I'd like to see more affordable housing units and services built for seniors.</blockquote>

I will be starting a think tank process for a senior project in the Great Park. Focus is Chinese and Persian demographic. The idea is affordability and it could never be achieved on the Ranch due to land cost. With government tax credit and City owned land the possibility is realistic.

Thanks, Bk.

I have a question about Plan B.

You said: "The living room is large and furnishes very well."

I do not see how it furnishes well. Here is my problem... where would you put the couch and TV so that you do not have the back of the couch facing outward (for defensible space), do not block the windows, and are within viewing-distance? Let's say the couch goes on the north wall. The TV would have to go on the opposing wall where the windows are and would look awkward. If you swap them, the TV may have a lot of glare when the sunlight comes in the windows. I don't know the distance between them but it looks too far for viewing. If the TV goes on the long wall, the back of the couch is exposed. What is the solution? (I suspect most men's answer is put the couch under the window and buy the biggest TV possible so you can see it well on the opposing wall.) :)

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1247916930]Thanks, Bk.

I have a question about Plan B.

You said: "The living room is large and furnishes very well."

I do not see how it furnishes well. Here is my problem... where would you put the couch and TV so that you do not have the back of the couch facing outward (for defensible space), do not block the windows, and are within viewing-distance? Let's say the couch goes on the north wall. The TV would have to go on the opposing wall where the windows are and would look awkward. If you swap them, the TV may have a lot of glare when the sunlight comes in the windows. I don't know the distance between them but it looks too far for viewing. If the TV goes on the long wall, the back of the couch is exposed. What is the solution? (I suspect most men's answer is put the couch under the window and buy the biggest TV possible so you can see it well on the opposing wall.) :)</blockquote>

Socal,

I thought about that before I posted. I agree with you totally and you are correct when the couch is back against the window and tv on the stairs wall are the only viable option but tv would be too far a viewing distance and also glare reflecting from the window. There are many borderline flaws with all three plans but I did not want to trash Lyon and Tic's effort. I only pointed out the fatal flaws and give the benefit of the doubts to the creators. They may see me as a thorn because of my honest posting and not sweeping the big elephant under rug. I just don't see how other editors of blogs and medias have a proper conscience publishing sugar coated editorials brown nosing to the corporations with a generous pocket book.

I am very proud of you pointing this out. You are indeed a very sharp learner. I have to put you in my AP Bk architecture course.

Back