I've been waiting for prices to drop and now they are going back up.

[quote author="tmare" date=1238673396]I think you are absolutely correct. However, we have a seriously ingrained attitude in our culture that feeds the current frenzy to buy up the foreclosures, short sales and other distressed properties in desirable locations such as Irvine, Huntington Beach and even in my own neighborhood. This is still the attitude of "buy now or be priced out forever (or at least for a while)" or "you can't lose with real estate". A few chats with people older than 50 and you will find that they hold these ideals near and dear. The thought that the paradigm may have changed is just a bit too much for some to bear. There are still those on the sidelines who have held out and have cash and just can't or don't want to wait any longer. I believe that we will run out of these people before we run out of distressed properties and then the perceived "bounce" and massive bidding and over-bidding will come to a halt. It can only be so long before the economy, job loss, lack of opportunity for the young, losses of the close-to-retirement crowd all appear as huge factors in this declining market. <strong>I, myself was actually starting to believe the hype until our own Graphrix set me straight and made a lot of sense.</strong> The banks are overwhelmed and are starting to crack under the pressure of dealing with these foreclosures and will soon start dumping them quickly instead of playing games and holding while they lose. When this happens, all properties will decline further.</blockquote>

I didn't even rant about the job losses that are coming to the non-RE sectors. Lets put it this way, if I were an engineer or someone who has a position at an engineering firm, then I would be very thankful to have a job. I'm even a bit shocked by what I am hearing at law firms. But, they are service industry, and they were servicing industries that were service related.

I also didn't rant about how poorly the ALT-A, option ARM, and prime MBS pools are performing. We are all subprime now! Many of the 05, 06, and 07 ALT-A and option ARM pools are performing as badly as subprime pools from those vintages. And... those pools are larger and greater than the subprime pools.

The economy will recover before the housing market does. It always has, it always will. Those who say you can't time the bottom do not understand that history always repeats itself, or they have no f'ing clue of history.

Talking psychology, if anyone remembers the great tech boom market of late 90s, buying on dips was the dominant strategy for most investors. They got burned. In the Darwin selection the impatient and the excitable will fail, lose the money, won't get attractive mates, and so the humanity's genome will become more rational.

From a blast email I got from an Agent today:

"A Taste of California

Good Morning!

For the time since November 2007, the median price of all homes, townhomes and condos sold in Orange County Rose from month to month. Median for January 2009 was $370,000. Median for February was $375,000. Let us see what happens for March."

I half expect this Realtard to pounce through a wall in his Frosty Pitcher costume shouting "OH, YEAH!" (oblique cultural reference alert)

Statistics can be very misleading. Above is a prime example

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People" date=1238716745]From a blast email I got from an Agent today:

"A Taste of California

Good Morning!

For the time since November 2007, the median price of all homes, townhomes and condos sold in Orange County Rose from month to month. Median for January 2009 was $370,000. Median for February was $375,000. Let us see what happens for March."

I half expect this Realtard to pounce through a wall in his Frosty Pitcher costume shouting "OH, YEAH!" (oblique cultural reference alert)

Statistics can be very misleading. Above is a prime example</blockquote>
You should e-mail them back and ask...."Should I buy now so I'm not priced out of the market forever?" I dare you, even double dog dare you.

No can do civillian. I'm in the biz and it'd be a death warrant.

Not sure who is the shark and who is the remora in the Realtard/Lender relationship but someones going to become a bloody mess if one begins to fight the system openly.

Those kinds of email blasts are sure to come back and bite pretty hard. As Gary Watts what he thinks of his 2006-2007-2008 "predictions".

My .02, SGIP

Back