It's Friday - Has your bank failed today?

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1247911308]

I'm waiting for my former employer...California National Bank...to be taken over by the Feds and when they do I'll have a little smile on my face.</blockquote>
Well, it looks like my wait is over and to say that I have a big smile on my face is an understatement. Karma can be a bizatch (that goes to all the idiots in management over there) and I hope for the best for the good people working over there. Not only did California National Bank get shut down, but all the other 6 banks within the FBOP group got taken over by the FIDC.

<a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2009/10/california-national-bank-expected-to-be-seized-todaybank-regulators-are-expected-later-today-to-take-over-la-based-californ.html">California National Bank taken over by the FIDC</a>

yep, my bank is no more. goodbye cal national - i've been expecting this for awhile now so i wasn't suprised to read about it last night. still pretty interesting to go to the atm this morning and see notices plastered everywhere and a few confused people. i moved most of my money out of the account last year and just kept a monthly balance to cover my rent and incidentials each month. should have just closed it out but admit i was curious to see what happened when it finally did "fail".

Over the weekend I saw a guy driving around with a big banner on his car that said Cal National stole $5,000 from my CD. Are people not getting all of their money back if they are over the fdic limit?

Back