Italian Tuscany and Spanish elevations are out

irvinehomeshopper

The Mediterranean elevations will soon become the flip phones of housing.

The last 30 years Irvine was all Spanish and Tuscany architecture. Homeowners enjoyed their resales in commanding top dollars because new homes have been built in these styles reinforcing its timelessness just like the car companies must preserve certain important characteristics of the vehicles like the Mercedes front or the BMW grilles to protect their product identity, assets, branding and customers loyalty. IPhone is one for example that must preserve the unique sleek design while modifying only the phone's dimension and edge profile for the new models.

Prior to 30 years ago Irvine villages that did not have the "in" Mediterranean styles such as College park, Deerfield, Woodbridge and parts of Turtle Rock have not achieved a top resale value ratio. The woodsy elevations lower their resale value compared to the in trend stucco styles.

Irvine Village is no longer a monopoly. Great Park and Legacy are the competition to the Villages by offering larger lots, wider motor courts, bigger Sideyards, and wider arrays of architectural styles like Cottage, Craftsman and Modern elevations. These are the latest IPhone of housing while the Spanish and Tuscany will soon fall out of trend just like Deerfield and College Park elevations.

Great Park is the biggest competition to the Villages and the Mediterranean legacy is not only being challenged by the newer and cooler elevation styles preferred by the younger techie generation the singular template to master planning consisting of only gridded streets are not Feng shui friendly compared to Great park's all curvilinear streets.

In recognizing Mediterranean architecture and plans will no longer sustain the future absorption this firm specializing in modern architecturehttp://www.marmol-radziner.com
is hired to create new solutions to compete with Great Park.

What does this mean to the consumers like us? If I were you I would be cautious in selecting elevations and choose those that will sustain future popularity if you are planning to buy in Irvine, Hidden Canyon or Baker Ranch after all Irvine consumers want the latest and greatest. The next in thing is the white picket fence cottages and modern styles.

irvinehomeshopper said:
The Mediterranean elevations will soon become the flip phones of housing.

The last 30 years Irvine was all Spanish and Tuscany architecture. Homeowners enjoyed their resales in commanding top dollars because new homes have been built in these styles reinforcing its timelessness just like the car companies must preserve certain important characteristics of the vehicles like the Mercedes front or the BMW grilles to protect their product identity, assets, branding and customers loyalty. IPhone is one for example that must preserve the unique sleek design while modifying only the phone's dimension and edge profile for the new models.

Prior to 30 years ago Irvine villages that did not have the "in" Mediterranean styles such as College park, Deerfield, Woodbridge and parts of Turtle Rock have not achieved a top resale value ratio. The woodsy elevations lower their resale value compared to the in trend stucco styles.

Irvine Village is no longer a monopoly. Great Park and Legacy are the competition to the Villages by offering larger lots, wider motor courts, bigger Sideyards, and wider arrays of architectural styles like Cottage, Craftsman and gModern elevations. These are the latest IPhone of housing while the Spanish and Tuscany will soon fall out of trend just like Deerfield and College Park elevations.

Great Park is the biggest competition to the Villages and the Mediterranean legacy is not only being challenged by the newer and cooler elevation styles preferred by the younger techie generation the singular template to master planning consisting of only gridded streets are not Feng shui friendly compared to Great park's all curvilinear streets.

In recognizing Mediterranean architecture and plans will no longer sustain the future absorption this firm specializing in modern architecturehttp://www.marmol-radziner.com
is hired to create new solutions to compete with Great Park.

What does this mean to the consumers like us? If I were you I would be cautious in selecting elevations and choose those that will sustain future popularity if you are planning to buy in Irvine, Hidden Canyon or Baker Ranch after all Irvine consumers want the latest and greatest. The next in thing is the white picket fence cottages and modern styles.

In my case, the elevation is the last thing I consider when I buy a house. College park, deerfield is less desirable in irvine as it is older communities, I think. Some of area in woodbridge are doing well, especially close to the lake.. Doesn't really matter the look of exterior as long as it is maintained well.

i can live with a mediocre elevation if location and floor plan are nice

I narrow down my search by location first, floorplan next, direction of home (do walls with lots of windows get hot afternoon sun, will master bedroom be hot, etc) and last would be elevation and of course I would eliminate houses I think haven't been well cared for if they are resales.

I think people are picky about elevation when it comes to new homes... for resale, since there is less control in that market, they go with the more important factors.

I've always preferred the wood/brick style homes... not the stucco/stone Mediterranean styles.

Would you feel the same for a car if the car is a GM?

Ready2Downsize said:
I narrow down my search by location first, floorplan next, direction of home (do walls with lots of windows get hot afternoon sun, will master bedroom be hot, etc) and last would be elevation and of course I would eliminate houses I think haven't been well cared for if they are resales.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Would you feel the same for a car if the car is a GM?

Ready2Downsize said:

Huh?

For a car I narrow it down by size of the car which eliminates quite a few, performance, manufacturer and lastly color. If it were a resale I would eliminate anything I think was not well cared for.

So......... there is no comparison for location since cars are mobile. Performance would probably equate to floorplan since I think how useable the house is for my purposes. Lastly I look at color of interior and exterior keeping in mind how hot the car gets and how it will show the dirt, so I guess, yes the same process and color would be dead last. Not sure why GM came into the question.

Mediterranean will always be in style in So Cal because it is our heritage.  Union Station in LA is timeless California style.  Mission San Juan Capistrano will never go out of style.  Mediterranean is the original authentic California style and will always be a proper style in California.  Cottage, white picket fence, etc. are non-California  imported from the east coast, south, and mid west.  Go to any title company and look up any parcel in So Cal and the earliest entry you will find is the Viceroyalty of New Spain.  Other styles and fads may come and go but Mediterranean style in So Cal has been around for over three hundred years and will never go out of style because you can't change So Cal's heritage.

Builders will always prefer Spanish styles because the homes cost the least to build vs a cottage style that cost up to 35% more to build. Modern demands a cleaner line that means perfect and straight walls. Construction cost goes way up when contractors can't build their usual crooked walls.

While we were in the market shopping for new home. There were two homes with the exact same floor plan. One has a combination of wood and stucco for the front exterior of the house, the other one mostly with stones. The stones speaks louder in term of characteristics and beauty. The sale agent then mentioned to me that it cost substantially more to build and work with houses that has stones because of the material and labor cost are more involve than other exterior of material.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Builders will always prefer Spanish styles because the homes cost the least to build vs a cottage style that cost up to 35% more to build. Modern demands a cleaner line that means perfect and straight walls. Construction cost goes way up when contractors can't build their usual crooked walls.

The 'Tuscan' style is falling out of popularity in all aspects of home/design.  Even more than the exterior architecture is the interior design.  Interior design was all Tuscan 5 and 10 years ago but now when you see a house with the sponge applied yellow paint and heavy wood furniture it looks very dated.

More classic mediterranean styles like Santa Barbara and mission are really timeless.  They are also much simpler and cleaner than the Tuscan look. 

I renovate commercial properties and the Tuscan style is getting ripped out and rehabbed to a more modern spec all over the place.

Totally agree! 
Happiness said:
Mediterranean will always be in style in So Cal because it is our heritage.  Union Station in LA is timeless California style.  Mission San Juan Capistrano will never go out of style.  Mediterranean is the original authentic California style and will always be a proper style in California.  Cottage, white picket fence, etc. are non-California  imported from the east coast, south, and mid west.  Go to any title company and look up any parcel in So Cal and the earliest entry you will find is the Viceroyalty of New Spain.  Other styles and fads may come and go but Mediterranean style in So Cal has been around for over three hundred years and will never go out of style because you can't change So Cal's heritage.

Back