Is your HOA worth the money that you pay every month?

Do you think HOA worth the money you spent every month at your community?

• Yes

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Sometimes.

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Most overpriced HOA in OC is the Rossmoor Towers.  Apparently the residences are too stupid to realize it.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Woods/24055-Paseo-Del-Lago-92637/unit-1108/home/5371108 - Sold for 108k in 2003 and now sold for 4k.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Woods/24055-Paseo-Del-Lago-92637/unit-856/home/21992132 - Listed at 5k since May no takers. 

Also the absolute worst HOA NAZIs in OC bar none is Leisure World in Seal Beach.  I was driving 25 mph and some car with sirens on top put them on so I pulled over.  He was furious at me saying that the speed limit was 20 mph and he would kick me out for endangering other people's lives.  He said that it's his last warning before kicking me out. 

Later when I was trying to find a building number and walking over community grass.  Some lady comes out yelling,"You're walking on the grass!  Stop walking on the grass!"  I told her that it's not against the rules to walk on the grass and pointed to people having a picnic on grass and that she even walked over the grass to tell me this.  This made her mad so she called security which kicked me out!!  Why do old people get so mad when people walk on grass?  I don't get it  ???. 

collected said:
Most overpriced HOA in OC is the Rossmoor Towers.  Apparently the residences are too stupid to realize it.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Woods/24055-Paseo-Del-Lago-92637/unit-1108/home/5371108 - Sold for 108k in 2003 and now sold for 4k.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Woods/24055-Paseo-Del-Lago-92637/unit-856/home/21992132 - Listed at 5k since May no takers. 

Oh but it gets even better (I was on MLS already so I looked up the listing)...here are some exerts from the agent remarks...

" Monthly HOA fee for 1 person only, 2nd person will add $615. Financial requirements /approval must be met. $1500 Facility Maintenance fee payable to Laguna Woods Village charged to the buyer."

Add another $615 to the HOA if there are 2 people that live in the condo....man oh man oh man.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
collected said:

Oh but it gets even better (I was on MLS already so I looked up the listing)...here are some exerts from the agent remarks...

" Monthly HOA fee for 1 person only, 2nd person will add $615. Financial requirements /approval must be met. $1500 Facility Maintenance fee payable to Laguna Woods Village charged to the buyer."

Add another $615 to the HOA if there are 2 people that live in the condo....man oh man oh man.  haha

It's because you get daily meals there.  The hoa is higher for the 2nd person because that's 30 more dinners each month.

USCTrojanCPA said:

Wow what a total rip.  I wonder how long it would take for the HOA to kick someone out if they never paid.  If someone buys in for 5k and gets to live there for 10 months before the HOA kicks them out then that works out to $500/mo for a place to stay and free meals.

dethman said:
It's because you get daily meals there.  The hoa is higher for the 2nd person because that's 30 more dinners each month.

Yuck!  I would never eat anything in that moldy building.  If the HOA just provided basic services and charged $300/mo then condos wouldn't be selling for 5k.

SoCal said:
IYes, the dues are high enough to give me a nosebleed. But that's the lifestyle these homeowners choose. I do agree, however, for those who don't take advantage of all that their money gets them, there are better options in other communities that make more sense financially.

Truth of the matter is this, many people whom brace themselves on the daunting tasks of looking for a new home most often overlook the HOA and their governing procedures. This is also a big financial commitments to your entire time of owning a home. The loan process of getting gathering and combing thru your paper works and financial matters is exhausting enough to put 10 babies to sleep. To put it into proper context. Then comes looking for the right house in that lovely neighborhood, then the options and upgrade, the list just goes on and on. Very little attention is pay into the HOA and the governing establishments of the neighborhood. There is a saying looking into the rear view mirror is always clearer. Looking back had would I've known 5 Point Community HOA govern by their board I would have not pulled the trigger to buy here. The HOA is meant to be run by the people that owns and live in the neighborhood. Decisions and budgets are to be decided by the people that see fit for their community. Improvements, doctrines and as well as guidelines will be raised or abolish with voting by the people that have the equity stakes in the neighborhood. HOA principals and intended purpose is great. Its when you get administrator such FirstService and their cronies that raised the cost. And it run like a NAZI HOA, makes it bad. I like where I live, friends are made in the community, its the HOA politics and policies that put a bad taste in my mouth.

I learned a great deal reading this blog over the years, we talk about everything else except HOA, it is a big financial commitment in this case HOA is Pavilion Park of 5 Point growing to be an awful sore. People should be aware of this. Next is to bring Ocregister news and Channel 9 news involve and investigate their fines and assessments process.

Back