Is this lot worth of 30K?

hiskudos

I am considering between  two lots now.
Is the lot beside the trail much better? worth of 30K?
Please look at the lot 123 and 116.
lot 123 is right next to trail. When I looked at the real lot, trail is little bit lower than the house lot. The lot 116 is 4th lot from the trail. As you can see, this is Marin at Eastwood. These homes has motor court ( 4 homes share ). So If I choose the 123, only one house behind us.

If I choose the lot 123, I cant upgrade fully. But If I choose the lot 116, I can do most of upgrade within my budgets.

I want to hear TI's opinions.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 560
so lot premium of 30k on lot 123 eh?

i take it you've already factor in elevation and all that right? (e.g. one of the elevation has a balcony (not sure if real usable or not since i dont recall it being modeled). looks like both these lots have different elevation.

are the upgrades you can't touch anything you can do AFTER close? what about any post frame stuff that can't be easily done? (e.g. extra plumbing, gas outlets etc.) i'll weigh those factors too. almost anything interior can be done later and cheaper by third party, but some stuff are just better when its before drywall goes up.

i would almost always do the lot premium if it gives me

1) more lot size for bigger backyards
2) driveway (not in this situation, unfortunately)
3) more privacy/less neighbors/less noise

you'll have 3 less neighbors adjacent to you for lot 123 so I'd say this easily qualifies for #3. in fact its pretty decent in privacy since  your only neighbor nearby has their side yard to you and its a zero lot wall

i think that extra privacy may be worth the price tag - but not sure what you're giving up in terms of upgrades you're already missed out on (and how meh the standards that they've put in are).

ps9 said:
Go with the lot with the most underwear freedom.

that's a lot more succinctly put than what I wrote for sure

honestly there's a certain freedom that comes with not having to put on a shirt/pants while you roam around the house or in your backyard.

with lot 123, your dining, great room, and master bedroom are all facing a zero lot wall with no windows.

same goes for stairway windows too.

underwear freedoom, indeed.

Ya I pick 123 as well, you won't have to close your curtains all day and night when you're downstairs.  We paid a bit extra for a larger private lot and in retrospect I think I would have paid double the amount they asked.  Privacy is priceless.

The only thing that would (possibly) annoy me more about 123 is if HOA lets cars park at the end of the cul de sac, head in where that walking trail is.  Sometimes they paint those curbs red but other times they allow residents to park there. 

If every night I come home, I had to see 3-4 cars parked at the end of the street right in front of my new house - that would be really frustrating, but I'm kinda picky like that.

Good points, especially the parking at the end of the street. Never liked that.

The side lot for 123 is actually smaller than 116's too.

it looks like it can only fit one car given the other side has a premium lot with a driveway. so i doubt you can park in that small space to the trail opening too.

whereas at 116, you're going to get a bunch of cars fighting for space in front of your place (plus competing trash cans on trash days too).

i find with motorcourts, even if you have space in the garage, most people end up parking on the street for convenience/speed, versus dealing with backing out into the motocourt (especially if you dont have a good habit on backing into your garage).

I'd go with the 123 lot over 30k of upgrades.  I know what it's like to live in a cramped lot with no privacy.  At night your neighbors are able to see right inside your house.  Also nobody likes the view of a wall that's six feet away from a window.  I'd rather see some scenery when I look outside a window.  Lot 123 also has less neighbors across the street.

Is the curb in front of 123 a no-parking zone? Even better if random cars can't park in front of your house.

go with 123, worth paying extra for peace and quiet and privacy. I wish there were houses with no neighbors in Irvine but that doesn't exist.

It's priceless and rare to have no neighbors behind you when you're in the small backyard - it will feel much larger than if you had 3 homes looking down into your house. Go with 123. You can always upgrade slowly after COE

Back