Is this infestation?

RCV said:
RCV said:
Good idea.  I'll have to find out where our drain is.

Update - our trap got a little mouse! It is so disgusting.  I wonder how many there are.  My speculation is true, they are entering from the gap of our garage door.  Irvine Pacific hasn't responded to my request to fix it :(

I forgot to give you guys an update. Irvine Pacific took care of the gaps on our garage door. They replaced the rubber on the sides of the garage and recalibrated the door so that it completely reaches the floor when it closes. I had to make a follow up but they fixed it.  No more mouse poops! ;)

IP is having the same issue (mice squeezing through) with many of their houses.  I had the same problem and found mice droppings in our garage.  They covered the little gaps in the side of the garage doors with a concrete slab to fill the remaining gap.  No more mice! Those little things scared the heck out of me when it ran past me the other day.  They are fast.

Goriot said:
RCV said:
I forgot to give you guys an update. Irvine Pacific took care of the gaps on our garage door. They replaced the rubber on the sides of the garage and recalibrated the door so that it completely reaches the floor when it closes. I had to make a follow up but they fixed it.  No more mouse poops! ;)

IP is having the same issue (mice squeezing through) with many of their houses.  I had the same problem and found mice droppings in our garage.  They covered the little gaps in the side of the garage doors with a concrete slab to fill the remaining gap.  No more mice! Those little things scared the heck out of me when it ran past me the other day.  They are fast.

I think those little things are scare of you.  You just need to walk around more and spread your male scent.

Scientists find that mice become stressed and more timid when they can smell a man nearby but the presence of a woman has no noticeable effect on them.

Even being near a t-shirt that has recently been worn by a man is enough to upset the animals, as the male smell remains 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10794167/How-scent-of-a-woman-leaves-mice-cold.html

lnc said:
Goriot said:
RCV said:

I think those little things are scare of you.  You just need to walk around more and spread your male scent.

Scientists find that mice become stressed and more timid when they can smell a man nearby but the presence of a woman has no noticeable effect on them.

Even being near a t-shirt that has recently been worn by a man is enough to upset the animals, as the male smell remains 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/10794167/How-scent-of-a-woman-leaves-mice-cold.html

we dont have any rodents, but to make sure it stays that way i will pee in the garage once a week.

As a reminder to everyone to check your garages and seals - especially for new construction...

On Tuesday morning, I noticed small black rubber pieces inside and outside my garage door - as if it had been chewed on. I took a close look around my garage and did not see rat droppings, a nest, or a rat. I swept the small rubber pieces and didn't notice anything odd the remainder of the day. This morning, I noticed 2 droppings, some urine spots, and more chewed up rubber by the door. Upon inspection of my garage, I found a dead rat!

I've disposed of the rodent. There are bait traps around the community and near my garage - I'm guessing the rat went through the bait trap, got stuck in my garage, and the poison from the bait did its job. There was no odor or significant droppings, but I've called the pest control company since with rodents it's..."if there's one, there's more." Especially since I'm in new construction @ Eastwood Village and I'm sure all the constructions is sending the mice/rats in a frenzy.

I hate rats. Let this serve as a reminder to check your garage doors and clean-up the mess. I was told by the pest control company that it's nesting season - so much better to get in front of the issue!

Back