Is the el toro plume still a cause for concern?

newbie123

I?m currently submitting applications and have been planning to relocate to Irvine for quite sometime. I didn?t know about the el toro plume (I am not from the area) but recently became aware and am quite weary. I understand a lot of cleanup has been done but that it will take years. Are there areas of Irvine that one should steer clear of when looking to move and areas that are perfectly fine? I?ve been told I should not even attempt to move to Great Park because that entire area was built on top of the remnants of the base. Any advice would be a huge help, I don?t want to uproot my life to put it in danger.

Orchard Hills ~ Monsato contaminated glyphosate
Great Park ~ Cemetery + toxic plume
Address's with 4's in them ~ Asians don't wanna buy it lowers resale value.
Portola Springs ~ Old indian burial ground (Same Indians as the Island of the blue dolphins)
Cypress Village ~ 2close to freeway pollution.
Lambert Ranch ~ at the bottom of Bee garbage dump creating a garbage sludge..mmMm delicious.

Pick ur poison.

Mety said:
Go to Eastwood Village.

Eastwood Village--devoid of any personality, almost feels like a hot, deserted ghost town.

But I would agree maybe the most innocuous new community when it comes to some kind of environmental toxicity.

CogNeuroSci said:
Mety said:
Go to Eastwood Village.

Eastwood Village--devoid of any personality, almost feels like a hot, deserted ghost town.

But I would agree maybe the most innocuous new community when it comes to some kind of environmental toxicity.
I think EW is one of the beautiful neighborhoods of irvine. It is a bit dense buildout but the school and the playground in the center of the village plus the very close trails make it very nice.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CogNeuroSci said:
Mety said:
Go to Eastwood Village.

I think EW is one of the beautiful neighborhoods of irvine. It is a bit dense buildout but the school and the playground in the center of the village plus the very close trails make it very nice.

Everything is so square. I don't like how the village is laid out. Especially the entry lanes into the village.  It feels like the military some how. Same feeling with Stone gate and Cypress Village.  Prefer the older village layouts like Woodbridge, Turtle Rock, Northwood Pointe, more meandering, natural feel. Orchard Hills has a bit of that same feel on the Groves side.

I like the feel of older villages also. Some areas from Turtle Rock and Woodbridge are really nice. But newer villages will have more younger kids so it?s kind of better in terms of having similar families growing. It really depends what you prefer though.

To answer the op?s answer, I think the GP area is fine, although I personally wouldn?t buy there. I might consider renting a year or so, but it just makes me worry about not only the toxic land possibility but also the ridiculous MR taxes.

yes one of my biggest gripe about Irvine is the overall flatness except Turtles, QH, LA and OH. But OH is too far in-land and with all the environmental issues. Turtle Rock is too old and Turtle Ridge is too close to 73. QH/LA are out due close proximity to 405. So the best part of Irvine is Shady Canyon but we cannot afford, so...

Our new place has everything Irvine has to offer, plus 3CWG/3CWD, hills, wide-lot, and cul-de-sac, minus Landfill/Asphalt/Plume and all the other environmental issues, and low income housing. We will miss the Woodbridge lakes but I think beaches/ocean is better, and the lakes are artificial any way.

The California Court Company said:
yes one of my biggest gripe about Irvine is the overall flatness except Turtles, QH, LA and OH. But OH is too far in-land and with all the environmental issues. Turtle Rock is too old and Turtle Ridge is too close to 73. QH/LA are out due close proximity to 405. So the best part of Irvine is Shady Canyon but we cannot afford, so...

Our new place has everything Irvine has to offer, plus 3CWG/3CWD, hills, wide-lot, and cul-de-sac, minus Landfill/Asphalt/Plume and all the other environmental issues, and low income housing. We will miss the Woodbridge lakes but I think beaches/ocean is better, and the lakes are artificial any way.

San Diego?

eclipxe said:

San Diego?

Or maybe Lake Elsinore??? Is that a natural lake? It's beautiful, though, isn't it?

This reasoning led me to value parts of Laguna Niguel quite highly.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
CogNeuroSci said:
Mety said:
Go to Eastwood Village.

Also i think EW has one of the lowest MRs for a newer neighborhood (<10yrs)

You guys can't be serious about EastWood village or as I like to call it Trailer Park Neighbor village. 

Driving down Irvine Blvd is so weird with Fancy Eastwood Village on one side and then the uh, less nice neighborhood right on the other side...

Not to mention all that other shit applies to Eastwood. The garbage smell, the asphalt smell don?t just magically go around the Eastwood airspace. 

Eastwood is a good choice if you?re looking around that area. Better than most surrounding villages IMHO. I don?t live there so I?m not being biased.

If you?re looking all Irvine areas, then I would suggest Turtle Ridge, Turtle Rock or Woodbridge if you can find one. Westpark is also nice. Again, if you can find a good one...

Back