Is it a good time to buy investment property now?

I would like to pull from the stock market and reinvest into the residential real estate market, or maybe buy a warehouse to rent out. Would like to get some initial thoughts/suggestions here on if this is a good move and if it is the right time for the move now? Any thoughts are appreciated.

talkirvine said:
I would like to pull from the stock market and reinvest into the residential real estate market, or maybe buy a warehouse to rent out. Would like to get some initial thoughts/suggestions here on if this is a good move and if it is the right time for the move now? Any thoughts are appreciated.

You will be in bidding wars against buyers who want to occupy the home so be prepared to bid up for a home or condo.  I'm sure the good sectors of commercial real estate are also seeing a lot of demand as well.

Having to complete a bit of business in Arizona recently, the one commercial commodity that is white hot now is Storage. I had to find a spot for a family members belongings to stuff away for a few months. After a day plus of searching I learned that almost the entire Phoenix metro area was sold out. Don't know anyone's experience here in SoCal, but if I had $$$ to invest, it would be in Storage Unit facilities.

USCTrojanCPA said:
talkirvine said:

You will be in bidding wars against buyers who want to occupy the home so be prepared to bid up for a home or condo.  I'm sure the good sectors of commercial real estate are also seeing a lot of demand as well.

Thanks for the comments. Is there any place in southern California that has not experienced crazy price increase yet since the pandemic? Would like to invest in a place that is at a price-trough relative to its neighboring areas.

talkirvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
talkirvine said:

Thanks for the comments. Is there any place in southern California that has not experienced crazy price increase yet since the pandemic? Would like to invest in a place that is at a price-trough relative to its neighboring areas.

Middle of nowhere or the desert maybe....basically anything not worth buying.  The good stuff is getting bid up.

Back