Irvine's 5th High School

200+ low income 55+ apartments.. I can see it now.  Hanging their big old underwear on a clothesline on the balcony!  oh man!  Hang it in your bathroom like Test does.

jmoney74 said:
SoCal said:
Just fyi, I just received the regular emailed newsletter from our school with district news, SVUSD, saying that they are "eagerly anticipating the addition" of new students from the areas discussed here in this thread. I haven't kept up with this thread, so, forgive me if I'm repeating info already posted.

Yeah they want more kids because they are losing funding.  It's already been documented.

It also helps with the selling point for SVUSD and newer communities in FR.  They can now move the kids from BR to the new HS and K-8 schools.

Obviously, we have no idea what backchannel dealing has happened but 5P is certainly not helping itself on this matter. 

definitely not helping themselves to the public, that's for sure. 

test said:
aquabliss said:
test said:
aquabliss said:
If anything they should make it known up front for other 5P developments instead of muted threats to take a bite out of PP residents property values. 

The city already approved TWO low income apartment projects to sandwich PP between.  PP residents property values are already in the dump.

Oh shoot you're right, just like all the low income apartments listed here:http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=10323

Have sunk the property values of Woodbury, Northwood, Turtle Rock, etc.

Woodbury has how many market homes to low income homes, and PP has how many?  Oh shoot.

Not sure I get this argument - so Woodbury may have just as many low income units as PP but since the % of low income residents is higher in PP then Woodbury, it will have a different effect on property values than the Woodbury low income housing? 

Test brings values up or down.. based on postings done on TI.

In case this from oc register last week wasn't linked or posted yet

"
It also wouldn?t affect many residents, only future residents, said Irvine Unified Trustee Mike Parham. He said the territory the board has suggested giving up does not include the Great Park Neighborhoods and Pavilion Park developments.
An Irvine Unified spokesperson said the district has no intention of breaking the mitigation agreement between FivePoint and the district.
"

notTHEoc said:
In case this from oc register last week wasn't linked or posted yet

"
It also wouldn?t affect many residents, only future residents, said Irvine Unified Trustee Mike Parham. He said the territory the board has suggested giving up does not include the Great Park Neighborhoods and Pavilion Park developments.
An Irvine Unified spokesperson said the district has no intention of breaking the mitigation agreement between FivePoint and the district.
"

So I don't get this one.. the line drawn was for PP and the new development that will be built later.  I know current students wouldn't have to go.. but future students?  That's most of the families that are moving in.

All PP residents can get this doc from their respective builder's offices

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 231
notTHEoc said:

I'm confused.  If they are not giving up the Great Park Neighborhoods, what are they giving up then if the HS is not built on time ?  Woodbury ? Portola Springs? Stonegate ?  Maybe he meant we are not giving up Pavillion Park, but for future Great Park neighboorhood, its up in the air to pressure 5P to get their acts together.

GH said:
notTHEoc said:

I'm confused.  If they are not giving up the Great Park Neighborhoods, what are they giving up then if the HS is not built on time ?  Woodbury ? Portola Springs? Stonegate ?  Maybe he meant we are not giving up Pavillion Park, but for future Great Park neighboorhood, its up in the air to pressure 5P to get their acts together.

Here is a article from OC Register.  It will not affect existing residents including Pavilion Park.  Only future residents that are in the shaded area that is subject for border changes if it is implemented. 

However, the article mentions that it will/likely adversely impact Great Park neighborhoods to the north and nearby neighborhoods (above the shaded area) by approx. $40,000 on average if proposed changes are made.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/school-606317-district-irvine.html

Attachments

• Border Line.jpg
    Border Line.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 261
I think at this point...we are just going to have wait to see what happens.  Again, I think the most logical solution would be keep PP in IUSD considering it will probably be built out by 2016.

The rest of the GP development, however, is probably fair game.

notTHEoc said:
It seems there is deep tension right now between IUSD and TIC for TIC not having provided any land for HS#5 despite all the TIC development over the last 15 years. Originally, the last 2 GP hoods were expected to go to SVUSD, but when you look at the map now, actually all GP hoods will go to IUSD. That was a win and +ive surprise for 5P and it suggests IUSD cozying up to 5P. It makes sense there would be backchanneling now to move SG into IUSD. I think it is just a ploy though to get TIC to provide the land for HS#6, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

There are facts in there - would this qualify as "just doing fact-based analysis?"  ;)

I could be wrong, but looking at the map that Goriot posted from OC register, the parcel of land in just below the "red zone" that is assigned to SVUSD are great park land, and if the red zone area are the one that is currently being disputed, that unfortunately includes PP.

Tribune said:
I came across this facebook post:

For those of you that want to have an input in choosing location for the 5th high school:

{{
Irvine Community Poll
Let Irvine's leaders know how you feel about the location of our City's next High School.

The Irvine Community Poll is dedicated to taking the pulse of the Irvine community.
WWW.IRVINECOMMUNITYPOLL.ORG
}}}}
http://irvinecommunitypoll.org/poll-results/irvines-next-high-school-final-results/

Don't know how many people actually voted, but according to the result, voters are favoring site B.
(I do not know whether the same person can vote multiple times or not.)

bones said:
GH said:
notTHEoc said:
It seems there is deep tension right now between IUSD and TIC for TIC not having provided any land for HS#5 despite all the TIC development over the last 15 years. Originally, the last 2 GP hoods were expected to go to SVUSD, but when you look at the map now, actually all GP hoods will go to IUSD. That was a win and +ive surprise for 5P and it suggests IUSD cozying up to 5P. It makes sense there would be backchanneling now to move SG into IUSD. I think it is just a ploy though to get TIC to provide the land for HS#6, but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

There are facts in there - would this qualify as "just doing fact-based analysis?"  ;)

I could be wrong, but looking at the map that Goriot posted from OC register, the parcel of land in just below the "red zone" that is assigned to SVUSD are great park land, and if the red zone area are the one that is currently being disputed, that unfortunately includes PP.

actually no it doesn't.  red is below irvine blvd.  pull up google maps and overlay it.  plus the quotes in the article say specifically pp = iusd.

you're right .. my initial impression from the map was the upper line was Portola pkwy and the lower line was Irvine Blvd.

SoCal said:
Just fyi, I just received the regular emailed newsletter from our school with district news, SVUSD, saying that they are "eagerly anticipating the addition" of new students from the areas discussed here in this thread. I haven't kept up with this thread, so, forgive me if I'm repeating info already posted.

graphics-april-fools-209782.gif

dystopian-flowmation-14.gif

Back