Irvine Vs Lake Forest

[quote author="zubs" date=1254376769][quote author="Irvine Dweller" date=1254103553]I am trying to get your views on buying in Irvine vs Lake Forest. I have been searching houses in the $450k to $550k range for the past 2 months. Lake Forest definitely offers more house for the buck. However, Irvine has it's advantages too , especially with the school rating and neighbor hood safety.

Is the school district in Lake Forest really worse ? The high schools in Irvine & Lake Forest seem to have comparable API's. I don't think I can tell the same about elementary & middle schools, Irvine is much better.

The list of registered sex offenders is almost the same in both cities.

Any thoughts or other comparisions would be very helpful.

Thanks

Irvine Dweller</blockquote>

Everyone on here knows that if you loved your child you would buy in Irvine because that is where the best schools are. Don't buy in another city (especially Santa Ana) because that would mean you don't love your child as much......Everyone knows this!!!!</blockquote>

I second that. TMare just fell off her chair and dropped one of her solar panels.

[quote author="zubs" date=1254376769][quote author="Irvine Dweller" date=1254103553]I am trying to get your views on buying in Irvine vs Lake Forest. I have been searching houses in the $450k to $550k range for the past 2 months. Lake Forest definitely offers more house for the buck. However, Irvine has it's advantages too , especially with the school rating and neighbor hood safety.

Is the school district in Lake Forest really worse ? The high schools in Irvine & Lake Forest seem to have comparable API's. I don't think I can tell the same about elementary & middle schools, Irvine is much better.

The list of registered sex offenders is almost the same in both cities.

Any thoughts or other comparisions would be very helpful.

Thanks

Irvine Dweller</blockquote>

Everyone on here knows that if you loved your child you would buy in Irvine because that is where the best schools are. Don't buy in another city (especially Santa Ana) because that would mean you don't love your child as much......Everyone knows this!!!!</blockquote>

Go private, live where ever...

Except I guess that kind of defeats the purpose of purchasing in Lake Forest to get a better purchase for you buck.

Well, Lake Forest is in the Saddleback Unified School District, which I think is decent, and has some schools with good API's and some not. I did a little looking into Lake Forest not long ago and you get ALOT more for your money down there. But I'm picky about the schools, and your taste may be different from mine, so here, look for yourself:

http://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/AcntRpt2009/2008Base_Co.aspx?cYear=&cSelect=30,ORANGE

And also look at the schools in detail:

http://www.svusd.k12.ca.us/

Speaking of Irvine and Lake Forest:

<a href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laland/2009/09/western-digital-irvine.html">Western Digital ditches Lake Forest for Irvine!</a>

Back