Irvine versus San Diego

Parts of San Diego are nice.  One of my clients got a job in San Diego and I just got them into escrow on a nice home in the Sel Dur community (right next to 4S)...the area is sorta a mini Irvine.

I commute down to SD twice a week and it's pretty miserable.  Best case down there is 70 minutes with no traffic and with traffic, it's 80-95 minutes on the return.  Also, I've noticed that the traffic is only getting worse these past few years. 

I wouldn't say Asian food is better on Convoy either.  The drive to Convoy from North County is no joke... especially during dinner time.  Right now I eat out a ton in Irvine and it's so convenient to get take-out for a large number of restaurants in the area.  I wouldn't even consider that an option from North County to Convoy area after work.

Also, you can forget about the train.  It's $20 each way and they don't go very often.

woodburyowner said:
Also, you can forget about the train.  It's $20 each way and they don't go very often.

Even after taking the $20 Amtrak ride, wouldn't you have to pay for an Uber as well?

paydawg said:
woodburyowner said:

Even after taking the $20 Amtrak ride, wouldn't you have to pay for an Uber as well?

Yea, the last mile problem exists.  You can always buy an electric scooter to solve it.  Only $500.

woodburyowner said:
paydawg said:
woodburyowner said:

Yea, the last mile problem exists.  You can always buy an electric scooter to solve it.  Only $500.

It depends on where the employer is at..tech companies may even bus you from the train station to the site.
https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2016/09/the-reach-of-the-bay-areas-tech-buses/500435/

Irvinecommuter said:
woodburyowner said:
paydawg said:
woodburyowner said:

It depends on where the employer is at..tech companies may even bus you from the train station to the site.
https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2016/09/the-reach-of-the-bay-areas-tech-buses/500435/

This article is for the bay area.  I haven't heard of any tech company bus people in SD...

woodburyowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
woodburyowner said:
paydawg said:
woodburyowner said:

This article is for the bay area.  I haven't heard of any tech company bus people in SD...

well..assumption is that SD will be the next Silicon Valley...at least the hope of the OP.

Back