Irvine to vote on proposed interim amphitheater near Great Park

My wife and I went to the Jack FM show on Saturday.  It was a great show even though as the guitarist of Lit said "It felt like a FEMA-constructed amphitheater".  We were in the cheap seats towards the back and it still felt like we had a great view of the stage.  The parking was free and only took a fraction of the time to get in/out that Irvine Meadows used to take with it's 20 lanes merging into 1 design.  I liked how easy it was to leave our seats and go walk around the concessions area with it's grassy lawn.  The show was almost 6 hours long, so some stretch breaks were needed.  We didn't use the bathrooms so I can't comment on that.  My only complaint was the price of booze.  We paid $20 each for margaritas that were really not very good.  Beers were about $14.  Wines were all over the map price-wise, but the most expensive glass of wine was $95.  Yikes!

Liar Loan said:
It was a great show even though as the guitarist of Lit said "It felt like a FEMA-constructed amphitheater".  We didn't use the bathrooms so I can't comment on that.  My only complaint was the price of booze.  We paid $20 each for margaritas that were really not very good.  Beers were about $14.  Wines were all over the map price-wise, but the most expensive glass of wine was $95.  Yikes!

lol @ Fema - constructed amphitheater.

I went opening weekend as well. Bathrooms were the "VIP style" porta-pottys that you see in the VIP areas of festivals like Coachella. They were clean and brand new.

Parking wasn't bad at all. Got out of there in 5 mins.

I sat on the lower level and the sound was loud and clear.

And yea drinks are pricey, but I'll definitely come back for another show. 

Where within the Great Park is the amphitheater located?

@Liar Loan - 6 hours with alcohol and you didn't have to use the restroom.  You must be a wizard lol.

Jcl725 said:
Where within the Great Park is the amphitheater
It's on Chinon, but don't go from Irvine Blvd/Portola HS because the road doesn't connect.
Go from Marine way, pass the debris field and you'll reach it. Close to the train station. Keep on going and it connects to Alton if they don't put the gates up (it's been open for a while)

AW said:
Jcl725 said:
It's on Chinon, but don't go from Irvine Blvd/Portola HS because the road doesn't connect.
Go from Marine way, pass the debris field and you'll reach it. Close to the train station. Keep on going and it connects to Alton if they don't put the gates up (it's been open for a while)

I got there last week for the first concert via Irvine Blvd and Chinon.

That's good to know.  getting that much closer to have cut through streets inside great park

aquabliss said:
AW said:
Jcl725 said:

I got there last week for the first concert via Irvine Blvd and Chinon.

I entered via Great Park Blvd

From 5 N or S

Exit Sand Canyon
Turn Left on Sand Canyon (Head north away from the 5)
Right On Great Park Blvd
Pass the 133
Pass the roundabout at Bosque
At the next roundabout, Great Park Blvd will veer right.
Drive down less than 1/4 mile and the entrance will be on your left.
If you hit Marine Way, you've gone too far.

I actually passed the entrance, turned left at Marine Way and went all the way down to an entrance across from the train station.

The security told me it was for backstage.

Another thing...Google maps says Five Point Amphitheater is right next to Portola High School off Irvine Blvd... ITS NOT.

Not sure if that's where the permanent location is going to be, but the "FEMA" Five Point is literally across from the train station.

Hope that helps.

I didn?t know you can walk to the amphitheater from the train station.  My first thought was that?s pretty cool and very convenience for people to get into the Great Park with out jam up the Sand Canyon and stuck in traffic on I-5.  Also it would an easy abscess to commuter train for those commute to LA.

But then the thought of all those hobos also have an easy access to the Great Park.......

WTTCHMN said:
Slayer, Anthrax, death metal... good god.  The FCB's in the Great Park must have wondering if the cemetery became a reality last night.  Sounds like traffic was a bitch too.  The people in the photos don't look like they're from Irvine, lol.
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/05/...vepoint-amphitheatre-and-heres-what-happened/

0513-ocr-l-slayer-wbox-02_25993661_473409.jpg

?You were here to get brutal ? maybe worship Satan, but we?ve gotta take care of each other,? he said as he encouraged fans to make a path for paramedics to reach the injured.

Get ready for more this summer. They have a VERY packed summer concert schedule. Next up, POISON, this FRIDAY!  >:D

LiveNation is on a roll with their Heavy Metal summer!  Its kind of funny in a depressing way to see these rockers so over the hill and still trying to act the "bad boy"

Reminds me how glad I am not to live anywhere near the Great Park.

Never understood why it would be considered a plus to live right near these large attractions that will bring crowds, traffic, litter and noise from all over OC/LA/San Diego right to your neighborhood.  (ice rink, amphitheatre, multiple large sports fields, water amusement park, etc).

Don't worry, they will have some hip hop artists to balance things out.

45510-homepage-1474267.jpg

Rapper G-Eazy breaks silence after assault and drug conviction

Rapper G-Eazy is ?grateful? but ?embarrassed? after being convicted of assault, drug possession and resisting arrest following a nightclub brawl in Sweden last week.

Police apprehended 28-year-old G-Eazy last Wednesday after his performance in Stockholm. He reportedly became belligerent after a fan attempted to photograph him in the VIP area of the nightclub, lunging and accidentally hitting the security detail instead of his intended target.

Police found approximately 1.5 grams of cocaine, as well as a rolled-up $100 bill, on G-Eazy during the arrest, The Blast reported.

Back