Irvine Standoff Ends - Shooting

<a href="http://www.knx1070.com/Irvine-Standoff-Ends/2898419">Irvine Standoff Ends</a>

Anyone know which apartment complex this was????

[quote author="ipoplaya" date=1220514772]You got it right Ten. That place is a dump... You can rent a 2/2 1000+sf unit there for $1500-1600.</blockquote>

Now Irvine officially has 2 dumps.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1220515711][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1220514772]You got it right Ten. That place is a dump... You can rent a 2/2 1000+sf unit there for $1500-1600.</blockquote>

Now Irvine officially has 2 dumps.</blockquote>

Only 2? You're too kind. Graphrix should drive around some older Irvine neighborhoods and take some pics for us. I got lost once at night in one of these neighborhoods and thought I was in Santa Ana.

On a search for an estate sale, I got lost in the apartment complex next to University High. I thought I had entered some communist block ghetto. (I can't quite call it a US ghetto because I didn't see any drug dealers standing on the corner or hear loud booming noises coming from all directions.)

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1220515711][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1220514772]You got it right Ten. That place is a dump... You can rent a 2/2 1000+sf unit there for $1500-1600.</blockquote>

Three. This one, the landfill near Portola Springs, and don't forget that shithole Villages of Columbus.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1220628055][quote author="bkshopr" date=1220515711][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1220514772]You got it right Ten. That place is a dump... You can rent a 2/2 1000+sf unit there for $1500-1600.</blockquote>

Three. This one, the landfill near Portola Springs, and don't forget that shithole Villages of Columbus.</blockquote>

Vas, aren't they in Tustin? Just askin'

"Columbus Grove" is located in Irvine and Tustin, and will consist at buildout of ten smaller neighborhoods, all which are evocative of the area's farming heritage. A meandering trail will connect the neighborhoods to swimming pools, clubhouses and open greenbelts. Residents will enjoy biking and walking along Peter's Canyon Channel as well, with convenient neighborhood channel accesses"

<a href="http://www.columbusgrovehomes.com/Columbus_Grove_Life/page_1696494.html">http://www.columbusgrovehomes.com/Columbus_Grove_Life/page_1696494.html</a>

Worth exactly what you paid for it.

if you're counting official dumps, don't forget the former landfill in the hills between shady canyon, turtle ridge and newport coast.

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1220658216]ABC123, are you serious about this landfill? What's its name, do you know?</blockquote>
I believe it's <a href="http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Landfills/complystudy/Landfills/InDepth/CoyoteCanyon.htm">Coyote Canyon.</a>

There have been several discussions on the forums. I think it's the <a href="http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/Landfills/complystudy/Landfills/InDepth/CoyoteCanyon.htm">coyote canyon</a> landfill. It's been closed for more than 15 years.

<a href="http://articles.latimes.com/1998/dec/02/local/me-49761">old la times article</a>

<a href="http://articles.latimes.com/1998/dec/02/local/me-49841">another old la times article</a>

I don't know exactly where it was, but I think it's closer to Newport Coast and where the 73 is now.

The Coyote Canyon landfill was located right under <a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode;=&q=irvine,c+a&ie=UTF8&ll=33.630406,-117.840836&spn=0.006825,0.011533&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr">the Bonita Canyon/73 interchange.</a>

[quote author="blackacre-seeker" date=1220658216]ABC123, are you serious about this landfill? What's its name, do you know?</blockquote>

Cayote Canyon is in the unincorporated area in County of Orange.

I forgot about the 3rd dump completely until NO VAS mentined it.

Most products in Villages of Columbus were designed by architects in Irvine but never did any projects with The Irvine Company. The firms are situated in Irvine only to steal local ideas and offer knock-offs for Inland Empire and the suburbs of Northern California.

Because of the on going relationship the architects with the inland empire builders like Lennar, Shea, and Lyon the architects from KTGY were given the opportunity to design VOC. It was certainly a valiant effort but did not delivered a master planned community and products that I would want to visit again for the second time.

[quote author="reason" date=1220616398][quote author="bkshopr" date=1220515711][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1220514772]You got it right Ten. That place is a dump... You can rent a 2/2 1000+sf unit there for $1500-1600.</blockquote>

Only 2? You're too kind. Graphrix should drive around some older Irvine neighborhoods and take some pics for us. I got lost once at night in one of these neighborhoods and thought I was in Santa Ana.</blockquote>

please tell me you are not serious?!

There is no place in Irvine that is ghetto!! Its not brand spanking new... but it's not ghetto.

[quote author="halfnote19" date=1220679359][quote author="reason" date=1220616398][quote author="bkshopr" date=1220515711][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1220514772]You got it right Ten. That place is a dump... You can rent a 2/2 1000+sf unit there for $1500-1600.</blockquote>

Only 2? You're too kind. Graphrix should drive around some older Irvine neighborhoods and take some pics for us. I got lost once at night in one of these neighborhoods and thought I was in Santa Ana.</blockquote>

There is no place in Irvine that is ghetto!! Its not brand spanking new... but it's not ghetto.</blockquote>

I am serious. I saw this one house literally covered by an overgrown tree. Really dark and gloomy. There was an old 1970 rusted car parked right on the front yard. And the front yard consisted of dirt and no grass. My first expression to my wife was, "WTF, I didn't know Irvine looks like this?"

If I remember correctly, the neighborhood was near Culver and Irvine Blvd. And the other neighborhood was Deerfield. If you drive at night, it's so dark you're bound to hit something if you're not careful.

[quote author="reason" date=1220687524][quote author="halfnote19" date=1220679359][quote author="reason" date=1220616398][quote author="bkshopr" date=1220515711][quote author="ipoplaya" date=1220514772]You got it right Ten. That place is a dump... You can rent a 2/2 1000+sf unit there for $1500-1600.</blockquote>

There is no place in Irvine that is ghetto!! Its not brand spanking new... but it's not ghetto.</blockquote>

I am serious. I saw this one house literally covered by an overgrown tree. Really dark and gloomy. There was an old 1970 rusted car parked right on the front yard. And the front yard consisted of dirt and no grass. My first expression to my wife was, "WTF, I didn't know Irvine looks like this?"

If I remember correctly, the neighborhood was near Culver and Irvine Blvd. And the other neighborhood was Deerfield. If you drive at night, it's so dark you're bound to hit something if you're not careful.</blockquote>

I have to hand it to the city planner(s) b/c the main roads are always pristine and nice. So if you're an out of towner, the city looks beautiful. It's when you drive off the main roads and into these older neighborhoods. Oh lord, it's like night and day.

[quote author="reason" date=1220687524]

If I remember correctly, the neighborhood was near Culver and Irvine Blvd. And the other neighborhood was Deerfield. If you drive at night, it's so dark you're bound to hit something if you're not careful.</blockquote>

Hopefully the neighbors might be able to take care of the house and owner....

Anyways good luck

=bix

Back