Irvine Spectrum Adds First OC Shake Shack

Is there a Popeye's in Irvine? There's your answer
There are many Mexican restaurants in Irvine. There is even the Taco Bell HQ in Irvine. Not sure how Popeye's can be related here. There are KFCs and some fried chicken places if that's what you talkin bout. No Church's though🐔

There are many Mexican restaurants in Irvine. There is even the Taco Bell HQ in Irvine. Not sure how Popeye's can be related here. There are KFCs and some fried chicken places if that's what you talkin bout. No Church's though🐔
Church's was the best - there was one not too far from USC back in the day. Several Popeyes also. My MIL had friends living in Tustin, kind of old school, and I used to jest about them probably not being too happy when the new Popeye's opened there many years ago.

For San Antonio style Tex-Mex puffy tacos:

Arturo's Puffy Tacos
15693 Leffingwell Rd Whittier, CA 90604

(best eaten fresh there)

o.jpg

I spent a half hour or so on Yelp last night trying to find a place in OC with puffy tacos. Closest was the chalupa at Taco Bell. :(

You could make the puffy tacos yourself at home, many videos and recipes online. But I like visiting Arthuro's.

Whittier has some interesting restaurants. At downtown Whittier, try Colonia Publica's sopa de fideo: https://www.coloniagroupinc.com/

About halfway from Irvine to Whittier, you can stop by "furniture warehouse" in Buena Park to use the restroom and gawk at the owner's... unique taste in decor: 6571 Altura Blvd Buena Park, CA 90620. If you have young kids who like dinosaurs take them here. Google the store and check out the photos & videos.

Back