Irvine Regional Hospital closed on Jan 15th?

[quote author="almon" date=1234275218]ummm...what are the closest hospitals to irvine proletariats nowadays?</blockquote>

According to a doctor who works in the tower next door, Hoag Hospital is renovating the facility and it will reopen as a branch of Hoag in the future but I am not sure when. The emergency room at Kaiser is open to the general public regardless of whether one is a member of Kaiser. For other services there is Hoag in Newport, Saddleback in Laguna Hills, or Western Medical in Tustin.

"The emergency room at Kaiser is open to the general public regardless of whether one is a member of Kaiser. "

Translation...Don't have a heart attack in Irvine!

Irvine was bought by Hoag and will reopen mainly as an orthopaedic hospital. But there will eventually be med/surg beds used there as well. Hoag envisions it as a satellite campus. Part of the deal for Hoag getting the lease was that they had to have the ER open.

Hoag didn't buy Irvine Regional Hospital. Irvine Regional Hospital was owned by Tenet. Tenet decided to shut it down and move out of the building when their lease was up.

Hoag is going to lease in the same place, and after extensive renovations (1-2 years) open a new hospital with new staff, new equipment, etc. See <a href="http://www.hoaghospital.org/irvine/Default.aspx">Hoag's page on this.</a>

[quote author="joeyp" date=1234499965]Hoag didn't buy Irvine Regional Hospital. Irvine Regional Hospital was owned by Tenet. Tenet decided to shut it down and move out of the building when their lease was up.

Hoag is going to lease in the same place, and after extensive renovations (1-2 years) open a new hospital with new staff, new equipment, etc. </blockquote>

I'm not sure what a building like that would cost, but isn't' it in Hoag's best interest to OWN the facility? How much money are they investing in this remodel? Who pays for it?

I guess commercial is very different than residential. I just know I would never invest my own money to remodel someone else' house!

A doctor's group (mostly ortho surgeons) is going in on the venture with Hoag, from what I understand. It may have changed since I last heard. I know of the group and they are some of the best at what they do. They handle a lot of the Angels/Ducks sports injuries right now, I believe.

Like I said, I dont know if that deal was ever finalized.

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1237511292]A doctor's group (mostly ortho surgeons) is going in on the venture with Hoag, from what I understand. It may have changed since I last heard. I know of the group and they are some of the best at what they do. They handle a lot of the Angels/Ducks sports injuries right now, I believe.

Like I said, I dont know if that deal was ever finalized.</blockquote>
that makes sense, i did read somewhere hoag is turning it into an ortho specialty

Back