Irvine police conspiracy?

irvinehomeowner

So for those of you who are unaware, BK has consistently stated that the Irvine police have policies in place to hide crime in Irvine (along with his other theories regarding OC Register and Irvine school scores)... but his latest attempt is pretty hilarious. He now backs up his theories with a conversation his wife had with an IPD officer waiting in line for an iPhone at South Coast Plaza:

Before you visit the link, I would suggest having a bit of thick skin as there is some Irvine hatery there:

http://www.ocreader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1346

(link to appease the N*Sync fan)

1. I still don't know why BK always targets Irvine, why not pick on Aliso Viejo or some other city?
2. He acts like these things only happen in Irvine, whereas I don't believe all the things he claims, I do believe this happens everywhere
3. Regardless of any type of cover-up conspiracy, crime is still worse in other places
4. Why would an IPD officer admit these things to a stranger in a public place?

irvinehomeowner said:
So for those of you who are unaware, BK has consistently stated that the Irvine police have policies in place to hide crime in Irvine (along with his other theories regarding OC Register and Irvine school scores)... but his latest attempt is pretty hilarious. He now backs up his theories with a conversation his wife had with an IPD officer waiting in line for an iPhone at South Coast Plaza:

Before you visit the link, I would suggest having a bit of thick skin as there is some Irvine hatery there:

1. I still don't know why BK always targets Irvine, why not pick on Aliso Viejo or some other city?
2. He acts like these things only happen in Irvine, whereas I don't believe all the things he claims, I do believe this happens everywhere
3. Regardless of any type of cover-up conspiracy, crime is still worse in other places

Like I said once before, someone must have really pissed off BK and he is really bitter.  Maybe that was TIC who do not use his design any longer.  I think he used to do some work in Irvine and wonder if he had the same feeling back then.

There's someone similar at my work.  He has these far-fetched stories and exaggerations.  Many times, it is obvious to everyone that he is full of it. I am sure some of the things he says are true and only slightly exaggerate.  The problem is that no one can really believe anything he says because he is full of it so many times.

BK reminds me of him.  Maybe he is BK.

Well, I still thanked his message because I like hearing different stories.  You never know what's true and not true.  But I believe Coltrane said it best.

I think he is targeting both Irvine and TIC.  Now he is saying Irvine doesn't have social programs.  Well, I honestly don't know anything about it so I can't comment on it. 

fe9000 said:
Well, I still thanked his message because I like hearing different stories.  You never know what's true and not true.  But I believe Coltrane said it best.

I think he is targeting both Irvine and TIC.  Now he is saying Irvine doesn't have social programs.  Well, I honestly don't know anything about it so I can't comment on it.

I believe social services are run by the county and the state.
http://egov.ocgov.com/ocgov/Social Services Agency/About the Agency

The more I read about his post, the more grain of salt I need...

I posted a reply on that thread.  I believe what he said about local druggie teenagers breaking into people's houses and cars because I know of at least three instances where that has happened (and there are probably more that just have not yet traveled through the neighborhood grapevine). 

On the other hand, I routinely have packages delivered to my house and I have never had anything missing.  Maybe the thieves can guess what's in the package and choose to leave it alone.  Often mail gets misdelivered (sometimes obvious checks) and a neighbor will come buy and hand deliver it.

and I have to add that I can't read a Register article about someone "falling" off a parking structure without thinking of BK.  I always think murder cover-up before suicide.

Patrick Star said:
Why always the need to continually pluck material from OC Reader?  And why post it here, and then comment on it?  If anybody from Talk Irvine wants to read BK, they know where to find him.  Just like if I want to read about pre-registration lists, I'm probably not going to search OCR. 

Why are there even two websites?  I know one says Irvine and the other Orange County, but I miss the days when everyone posted in the same place.  I really don't understand the animosity between the two groups.  Zoval was great at nicking that in the bud.

Patrick Star said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Why always the need to continually pluck material from OC Reader?  And why post it here, and then comment on it?  If anybody from Talk Irvine wants to read BK, they know where to find him.  Just like if I want to read about pre-registration lists, I'm probably not going to search OCR. 

I think it is kind of foul to serve up BK's posts here for the Talk Irvine people to pick at, when you know he is not going to respond.  I really don't think that practice will lure him back, if that is what you are trying to do.  So I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, other than stir it up.  And why would you need to do that? Is there not enough original material at Talk Irvine to sustain engaging discussion threads?

See, two can play the "I don't think your approach is appropriate" game.  You are doing exactly what you are asking others (me) not to.  Posting (and soliciting) mean-sprited commentary --- but doing it under someone else's name.  How does that reconcile which the "let's all play nice" discussion on the other thread?

I say open trade is good for everyone. The free flow of ideas from one website to the next is all part of the internet. I think as long as you provide links and sources it is okay. If the discussions on OCR are better then I am sure the savvy surfer will go with it. There should be no fear of poaching ideas or members.

Blueberry East loves the Worldcup said:
jumpcut said:
I'm starting the "92620 Blog"...no 92618's allowed!!  :p

That's where all the Woodbury elitists are going to complain about the WB East/SG East folks invading their precious town center.  :)

The lines at Trader Joes were so long last time I thought I'm in Costco.

Really?  The lines at the original Irvine Trader Joes at Culver and Walnut is never long in 15 years I have been going there.  Maybe 3-4 deep at worst before they open another checkstand.

Patrick Star said:

I think it is kind of foul to serve up BK's posts here for the Talk Irvine people to pick at, when you know he is not going to respond.  I really don't think that practice will lure him back, if that is what you are trying to do.  So I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, other than stir it up.  And why would you need to do that? Is there not enough original material at Talk Irvine to sustain engaging discussion threads?
1. Because graph-baby told me to.
2. Because I no longer post over there.
3. Because he's talking about Irvine and since this is TalkIrvine, we should know about it.
4. Because I found the subject interesting (I don't see you complaining about the Shadow Inventory pluck I posted).
See, two can play the "I don't think your approach is appropriate" game.  You are doing exactly what you are asking others (me) not to.  Posting (and soliciting) mean-sprited commentary --- but doing it under someone else's name.  How does that reconcile which the "let's all play nice" discussion on the other thread?
Whoah... he started that thread not me. And notice this is in the Watercooler section, not some Real Estate Section heading under Irvine that unfairly promotes conspiracy without hard evidence. If you don't like this post, that's fine... but there is a difference here... I'm talking about BK and his constant posting about IPD conspiracies... you jumped on a new poster who you had no history with or knew anything about her background. You think my post and your post compares? That's up to you.

To me, it simply brings more readers to OCR and hopefully back to TI. It's also a very interesting issue and merit discussion here. The BK thing is not the focus of the thread... it's the Irvine Police Conspiracy.

jumpcut said:
Blueberry East loves the Worldcup said:
jumpcut said:
I'm starting the "92620 Blog"...no 92618's allowed!!  :p

That's where all the Woodbury elitists are going to complain about the WB East/SG East folks invading their precious town center.  :)

The lines at Trader Joes were so long last time I thought I'm in Costco.
Yeah, I'm griping about that but that's not my biggest beef: It's the fact that the city recalibrated the light at Towngate to favor WEers exiting to Sand Canyon.  This has added at least 45 seconds to my daily commute!

I have a lot of material for my new blog, woodburyelite92620.com.

Just don't tell the WEers about the 10% discount card at Woodbury Town Center for Woodbury residents.

I think the idea of a legitimate IPD officer confirming outrageous conspiracy theories to a complete stranger is ludicrous. I think A) he was not really an IPD officer at all and was just making fun of BK or whoever was asking the questions, or B) the incident never happened at all and is some sort of joke.

This is really something I would need to hear with my own ears to believe!

I wonder about the story too but I think every city engages in some sort of spin to protect its reputation.

The thing is... some cities would have to cover up more things than others and even if the homicides did occur in Irvine... do you think it's safer here than some other city where multiple murders from gang-related shooting, drug-related incidents etc occur?

irvinehomeowner said:
I wonder about the story too but I think every city engages in some sort of spin to protect its reputation.

I don't think it's totally implausible that Irvine authorities might be under some kind of pressure to "keep" crimes out of Irvine, if they can. I don't know if Irvine actually holds a "safest city" title right now, but if it does, then maybe Irvine authorities would go to great lengths to keep it. So if someone showed me real evidence of an Irvine crime conspiracy, I'd definitely take a look at it with an open mind.

But I am pretty darn sure that this police officer story is somehow bogus. Maybe it was a misunderstanding, maybe a joke, maybe an outright lie, who knows. But why would a police officer admit this to a stranger? Nothing to gain, too much to lose.

Interesting reaction to my posting the OCR thread here. I guess graphrix was wrong about trying to co-exist because whatever "vitriole" is claimed to be thrown around here... that needs to be checked.

No one called anyone a "liar"... just very hard to verify hearsay so many steps down (IPD -> BK's wife -> BK -> OCR) so there is doubts about the story in question.

To that end, I will lock this thread because it's been deemed too "controversial" and some people can't understand the concept of information sharing.

EDIT: After thinking about it... this is Independence Day and people should be able to do (or post) what they want... so I've unlocked it.

Yup that's the spirit...  People should just share their opinions...  Whether if people want to believe it or not, it's up to the readers...

For the spirit of clarity, this is what BK wrote on OCR:
BK said:
You claim that no one called Mrs, BK a liar and yet directly above your post is the word "lie" posted.
This is what traceimage wrote:
traceimage said:
But I am pretty darn sure that this police officer story is somehow bogus. Maybe it was a misunderstanding, maybe a joke, maybe an outright lie, who knows. But why would a police officer admit this to a stranger? Nothing to gain, too much to lose.
Now maybe it's that supposed language barrier you have but "maybe an outright lie" could be referring to whoever this police officer person was... not Mrs. BK. Did the person show Mrs. BK his IPD badge? 7 hours in line or not, I would hope that a police officer would be more careful of what he discloses to strangers in public.

And let's get to the real purpose of the thread:
BK said:
The issue here is not comparing which cities are safer and which has less crime. You sheeple have stubborn characteristics of a cult. Step outside once in a while and look back in.

You can rationalize it and convince others the cover up did not exist. Explain to me than why the Icicle gun incident to this day is still a "suicide". The bag over head in UCI is another one ??????????????????????
This is the issue. You make it seem like Irvine is the ONLY city that may cover up severity or locations of crimes. While I have not seen hard evidence that happening... and if it is... it's no different from any other city.

No one here says the crime does NOT happen in Irvine... but I think we can agree that it happens here less than other areas. Do you ever point out incidents in Newport Beach? Or Tustin Ranch? Maybe you should examine your "stubborn characteristic" of always pointing at conspiracies in Irvine.

For every "icicle gun" or "reported suicide" you can cite in Irvine... I can cite numerous gang related shootings, murders and other violent crimes in other cities. And maybe it's because of that volume, they can't "cover it up" as well. So I guess the FBI is a bunch of sheeple too since they always rank Irvine so high in its safety reports.

Also, instead of spreading more disinformation and propaganda, someone may want to check his "facts":
BK said:
Explain to me than why the Icicle gun incident to this day is still a "suicide".
A simple Google search found this on City of Irvine's PUBLIC website:

http://www.ci.irvine.ca.us/civica/press/display.asp?layout=1&Entry=969

Not only do they NOT call it a suicide... but they were looking for witnesses to this "daytime homicide":

2/13/2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE #021309

Subject : UPDATE-IRVINE POLICE SEEK WITNESSES TO DAYTIME HOMICIDE

Contact : John Hare, Lieutenant, Irvine Police Department    (949)724-7112    jhare@ci.irvine.ca.us

IRVINE, CA (February 11, 2009):  Irvine Police detectives are seeking the public?s help in the investigation of a homicide which occurred during the afternoon hours in a busy shopping center.

On February 11, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Irvine Police were called to a report of gunfire coming from the area behind a retail shopping center at the intersection of Jeffrey Road and Roosevelt.  When officers arrived, they discovered the victim of a gunshot wound.  The victim was seated inside a parked vehicle.

Early reports from witnesses described a possible suspect running from the shopping center, north towards Trabuco Road.

The victim, a male, was pronounced deceased at the scene. Identity of the victim is not being released pending notification of relatives.

Suspect Description:

Male, unknown race, age approximately mid 20?s, 5?-6? tall, unknown weight, last seen wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt.

Update (February 13, 2009): The victim has been identified as 42-year-old Hong Guang Zhu of Rowland Heights.  The white 1992 Lexus (license 5FCL962) he was found in was registered to him.  At the time of the incident Zhu?s vehicle had been parked to the rear of the Tri-Village restaurant where he worked.  The Coroner?s Division of the Orange County Sheriff?s Department has completed the autopsy and determined the cause of death was a gunshot wound.

Anyone with information relating to this crime is asked to contact Detective Smiley at (949) 724-7168.

So who is calling who a "liar"?

Back