Irvine New Home - New Home Perks

emmitt2023

Hi there - my wife and I have been eyeing new homes at Portola Springs. Is anyone aware of any perks or rebates these home builders are giving out? For example, if I don’t have my own buyers agent, do I get a rebate?

Irvine new home market is competitive, not sure if there are even builder incentives right now. And most likely, the only way to get a "rebate" is to bring a buyer's agent and have them split their commission with you.

I don't even know if any of the Portola new homes have a broker's commission so you may want to ask one of the realtors here.

Hi there - my wife and I have been eyeing new homes at Portola Springs. Is anyone aware of any perks or rebates these home builders are giving out? For example, if I don’t have my own buyers agent, do I get a rebate?
As far as I know, Cal Pac had incentives, but I don't know if they still have them. When I signed up on the Azul priority list, they had the 2/1 with US Bank, meaning first year you get -2% and second year you get -1% off the mortgage rates. After that (third year), it goes back to whatever rate you locked at.

You don't get additional rebate for NOT brining in an agent.

Irvine new home market is competitive, not sure if there are even builder incentives right now. And most likely, the only way to get a "rebate" is to bring a buyer's agent and have them split their commission with you.

I don't even know if any of the Portola new homes have a broker's commission so you may want to ask one of the realtors here.
They all do.

Cielo gives $50k broker's commission.
Olivewood gives $40k.
Azul gives $20k.

Not sure about Arbor, Fiore, and Sierra, though, since I never checked with them. Since Shea is quite generous, I expect Arbor to gives at least $20k. Fiore and Sierra might give $10k or so. These (Arbor/Fiore/Sierra) are just guesses, so don't quote me on them.

Thanks guys! Yeah I’m debating if I should get an agent for these builder home purchase. Hence the question

Any thoughts on what benefits working with an agent brings for these builder home purchases?

Thanks guys! Yeah I’m debating if I should get an agent for these builder home purchase. Hence the question

Any thoughts on what benefits working with an agent brings for these builder home purchases?
It's already too late if you already sign up for the priority list. However, if you were to work with Martin (usctrojancpa), then he's more than hapy to split the commission with you.

Builders are not providing any incentives on upgrades and there's no discount by not bringing a buyer agent to register with you. Some builders offer a credit towards closing costs if you use one of their preferred lenders. There are realtors, like myself, that provide a commission rebate (tax free to the buyer) to a new home buyers so it's more advantageous for a buyer to register with an agent that providers a commission rebate.

Besides the commission rebate, I provide consultation to my new home buyers on which options to select and provide all the referrals that they'll ever need (inspectors, lenders, and contractors). Some agents just sign you in and split the commission with you and do nothing else, I like to be hands on and help my new home buyers throughout the entire process including after they close on the home.

Back