Irvine Market

Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Compressed-Village said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Compressed-Village said:
So is this a good, healty thing that is happenning?

Nope, sure isn't but that's how the market is...huge demand with very strong motivated buyers. Prices will continue to head higher as we move into the end of the year.

I can always count on you to be a straight shooter. Saying it like the way it is.

Kinda make me think for a second now about putting up a rental for sale?.😀 but then I worked so hard to get it, so I probably will never sell it. Why get rid of a good thing, right?

No BS or fluff here, I call it as I see it. The last 4 buyers that I got into escrow were with no limit escalation clauses so what does that tell you about the market. If you are cash flow positive and don't need the money for other things/investment opportunities then keep it because I see prices grinding higher into year end.  After the run up is over, we'll be "flattish" on prices for a bit to digest the big gains and then probably continue more normal appreciation.

I believe, when you operate with integrity and honesty, the customers will always seek guys like you. Even in down turn, you will be more than fine.

I work with a simple motto...clients first, everything else second...that's has worked very well for me over the years. 

OCLuvr said:
Are we seeing buyers who are moving in from other parts of the country or FCBs, as Irvine is one of the top California city to see negative migration?

There definitely are as I've worked with several buyers from LA and the Bay Area.

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCLuvr said:
Are we seeing buyers who are moving in from other parts of the country or FCBs, as Irvine is one of the top California city to see negative migration?

There definitely are as I've worked with several buyers from LA and the Bay Area.

This is true as most of the tech companies are offering either WFH or some flexible work schedule. This is the reason I was able to move from WA to OC. How is Also Viejo or Laguna Niguel? I need to be near SNA airport (around 30-mins)

Definitely getting intrastate movers. I'm moving from LA to Irvine and our new construction neighborhood has several LA & SF buyers (all work in tech).

affluent said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
OCLuvr said:

This is true as most of the tech companies are offering either WFH or some flexible work schedule. This is the reason I was able to move from WA to OC. How is Also Viejo or Laguna Niguel? I need to be near SNA airport (around 30-mins)

Aliso Viejo and Laguna Niguel are less competitive and prices are over $50/sf lower as compared to Irvine with no mello roos (except for the Greenwood golf community in Aliso Viejo).  Tustin Ranch might be another possible option but prices are moving up quickly there as well. 

Some recent clients I had were Bay Area or Amazon (Seattle) transplants because of new WFH policies. The homes are "cheap" compared to Bellevue or Bay Area.

Cares said:
Some recent clients I had were Bay Area or Amazon (Seattle) transplants because of new WFH policies. The homes are "cheap" compared to Bellevue or Bay Area.

Builders are also citing BA transplants as the reason for high prices in Irvine.

Back