Irvine is a Buyer's Market according to Zillow

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
This falls in my what are you talking about bucket.
You are on the block list. Like a total waste of time.

It?s fine to have your opinion. But bringing in Target into the conversation is not reasonable and far fetch.

I also brought Toyota dealership into it because they share the same idea, a retail transaction between two parties.

The buyer should be aware that the seller has motives so what they say will obviously have bias.

I don't know why you can't see that connection.

You also did not comment on the DRE and Zillow's disclosure which was what you were asking for.

It?s like peanuts compare what the SEC does.

There is no connection. We are taking about potential conflict of interests disclosures. By you mentioning Target is quite inteeesting and does not fall into the category of conflict of interest.

A car dealer states in a contract regarding any affiliation or what not. (So that strengthens my argument for conflict of interest disclosure.)

Let me break it down for you:
Financial, legal, accounting, and other industries have to state the conflict of interests

I rest my case

zubs said:
I don't know what you guys are arguing about.

images

zubs said:

Neither do I.

He asked for an oversight organization and I presented the DRE and recent cases. He asked for a disclosure from Zillow and I provided the link for that.

I tried to explain how retail transactions inherently are biased but he doesn't get that.

And then he accused me of no logic or common sense.

Address the topic, not the people.

eyephone said:
Financial, legal, accounting, and other industries have to state the conflict of interests

I rest my case

Can you explain how Zillow calling this a buyer's market is a conflict of interest? Maybe that's where I'm not understanding you.

irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:

Neither do I.

He asked for an oversight organization and I presented the DRE and recent cases. He asked for a disclosure from Zillow and I provided the link for that.

I tried to explain how retail transactions inherently are biased but he doesn't get that.

I am addressing the topic. But when you bring Target store into regulations potential oversight of Real Estate. It makes me wonder what the state of mind is.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:

Neither do I.

I am addressing the topic. But when you bring Target store into regulations potential oversight of Real Estate. It makes me wonder what the state of mind is.

Okay, you are being more reasonable.

Have patience with me and connect the dots... don't focus on the "Target" part of it, focus on the transaction... one party selling something to another party. There will always be bias from the seller because they need to sell their product. I don't think there needs to be a disclosure for "I want to sell this to you so I'm going to speak positively about it".

You are taking a prediction from a website that is actually not a realtor (says so in their disclosure) but markets services and comparing to an industry that you want to have more regulation. I agree with you that real estate agents should be policed better. But I don't think you can draw that line to a website that is making trend analysis based on MLS data, agent experience and other things.

So again:

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

I rest my case

Can you explain how Zillow calling this a buyer's market is a conflict of interest? Maybe that's where I'm not understanding you.

Back