Irvine home sales down 39% in June; median price down 15.4%

Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:

[quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

If you two ever meet up for lunch, can I come. Please? :cheese:

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217719179][quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

If you two ever meet up for lunch, can I come. Please? :cheese:</blockquote>
I hope my sardonic wit was obvious in the above post.

Ok, maybe not so sardonic and maybe not so witty.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217719179][quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

I would like to come too. Since I have met both of them, I think that they will be surprised at how well they would get along.

My point of starting this thread was not about whether the market in Irvine is stabilizing or not. The point of this thread was the fact that Mark Boud is an idiot, and how he gets quoted proving he is an idiot. Sadly... builders paid for his data, and lost not only the money on him but billions because of the horrible data.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1217726656][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217719179][quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

I would like to come too. Since I have met both of them, I think that they will be surprised at how well they would get along.</blockquote>

<em>Later that afternoon, at The Hat...</em>

"Veling, party of 5. Veling, party of 5; your table is ready."

[quote author="IrvineRealtor" date=1217726936][quote author="graphrix" date=1217726656][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217719179][quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

I would like to come too. Since I have met both of them, I think that they will be surprised at how well they would get along.</blockquote>

<em>Later that afternoon, at The Hat...</em>

"Veling, party of 5. Veling, party of 5; your table is ready."</blockquote>

Shouldn't it be Skek party of 5, with shrimp paste for appetizers?

[quote author="graphrix" date=1217726656][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217719179][quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

I'll buy!

[quote author="awgee" date=1217725194][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217719179][quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

Ok, maybe not so sardonic and maybe not so witty.</blockquote>

I didn't make the request because I thought the meeting would eventually result in a fist fight, but only because sometimes you two talk around each other leading to palpable frustration. Nothing wrong with that. Eventually, one or both of you will figure out how to communicate your point to the other. Now whether you will agree is a different story, but I'm sure you could agree to disagree amicably.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217803525][quote author="awgee" date=1217725194][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217719179][quote author="awgee" date=1217713754]Ipo - I make you scratch your head? OMG, sometimes when you are giving MOM figures great significance, I don't just want to scratch my head. I get so frustrated that I want to reach through the screen and drag you into my room and scream my response at you. :grrr:</blockquote>

Ok, maybe not so sardonic and maybe not so witty.</blockquote>

I didn't make the request because I thought the meeting would eventually result in a fist fight, but only because sometimes you two talk around each other leading to palpable frustration. Nothing wrong with that. Eventually, one or both of you will figure out how to communicate your point to the other. Now whether you will agree is a different story, but I'm sure you could agree to disagree amicably.</blockquote>

You can come too!

I think IPO isn't a nutter, but his filtering of his data (IMO) cuts off just above where the market is falling apart. Much like CDM and Newport Coast aren't really representative of the rest of the OC housing stock.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217803525] but only because sometimes you two talk around each other leading to palpable frustration. Nothing wrong with that. Eventually, one or both of you will figure out how to communicate your point to the other. Now whether you will agree is a different story, but I'm sure you could agree to disagree amicably.</blockquote>

I think both parties are perfectly aware of how and why they are talking around each other, and are also perfectly able to communicate their points. And don't you think that Ipop and a I already disagree amiably and at times humorously? I don't get why folks think we don't get along. I think Ipop does a fabulous job of making his points, dealing with his frustration, and not making it personal.

[quote author="awgee" date=1217809016][quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217803525] but only because sometimes you two talk around each other leading to palpable frustration. Nothing wrong with that. Eventually, one or both of you will figure out how to communicate your point to the other. Now whether you will agree is a different story, but I'm sure you could agree to disagree amicably.</blockquote>

I think both parties are perfectly aware of how and why they are talking around each other, and are also perfectly able to communicate their points. And don't you think that Ipop and a I already disagree amiably and at times humorously? I don't get why folks think we don't get along. I think Ipop does a fabulous job of making his points, dealing with his frustration, and not making it personal.</blockquote>
I think it's just difficult to know when someone is being facetious or sarcastic with the written word. Plus, it's difficult to express one's entire thought process in a few words or paragraphs.

[quote author="awgee" date=1217733180]Ipop - Do you think you and I do not get along?</blockquote>

I think we get along just fine awgee, especially since I have grown accustomed to your humor and wit over these many months...

I agree MOM sales numbers have too much seasonality to them to be very meaningful. I reduce the impact of the seasonality of those figures by viewing them in the context of months inventory. For example, during the period roughly from the end of April 2007 through the end of July 2007, 170 or so homes were added to inventory in Irvine. For the same period this year, a decrease of approximately 100 units... While YOY sales are down considerably, so is YOY inventory, which means the months inventory figure is fairly consistent with last year's figure.

Happy to agree to disagree with you. You see no end in sight, I see what I believe to be non-seasonal slowing in the rate of decline in prices, i.e. some bit of stabilization. Only time will time if that is the case... If no bit of stabilization in the market has occurred, and this bounce is only dead cat / seasonal, I'd expect us to return to depreciation rates of 3-4% or greater such as we experienced between November 2007 and February 2008. IMHO we will not see that magnitude of nominal declines going forward into this correction.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1217803525]I didn't make the request because I thought the meeting would eventually result in a fist fight, but only because sometimes you two talk around each other leading to palpable frustration. Nothing wrong with that. Eventually, one or both of you will figure out how to communicate your point to the other. Now whether you will agree is a different story, but I'm sure you could agree to disagree amicably.</blockquote>

I think I can take him Eva. awgee knows way too much about taxes to be a good brawler!

Back