Irvine High School college bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grade was low enough.

irvinehome0wner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
My kid was accepted to Harvard but got rescinded for the low grade received in AP Physics Fall semester. In her class the recent immigrants were really smart in Physics and the only AP class they took. It was hard to compete for the A grade in that class.

A 2390 SAT and a slight blemished GPA was all it took. She will be attending a top private college this Fall Nontheless. Grad school and research are the goals. A strong undergraduate resume is a prerequisites. 

I call bullshit. So your kid received an offer of admission from Harvard and Harvard took it back because of ONE physics grade?  Harvard MAYBE rescinds one offer per year and if the reason is grades related - it has to be a pretty drastic drop in order for that to happen.  But hey, you tell yourself whatever story u need to in order to sleep at night (or in this case, not be a parental failure to your kid).

That was early decision rejection.
eyephone said:
irvinehome0wner said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
My kid was accepted to Harvard but got rescinded for the low grade received in AP Physics Fall semester. In her class the recent immigrants were really smart in Physics and the only AP class they took. It was hard to compete for the A grade in that class.

A 2390 SAT and a slight blemished GPA was all it took. She will be attending a top private college this Fall Nontheless. Grad school and research are the goals. A strong undergraduate resume is a prerequisites. 

I call bullshit. So your kid received an offer of admission from Harvard and Harvard took it back because of ONE physics grade?  Harvard MAYBE rescinds one offer per year and if the reason is grades related - it has to be a pretty drastic drop in order for that to happen.  But hey, you tell yourself whatever story u need to in order to sleep at night (or in this case, not be a parental failure to your kid).

The original story he told us - was it was not fair his daughter's friend got accepted and not his. He does not know the reason. So did you know the reason before or what.

The senior fall semester is the most crucial semester. Colleges want to see many AP classes and check up on the grades. For admission the grades from 9th-11th is what the application process encompassed. A dip on the grade viewed by a college admission officer is this student would not be able to stand college pressure and could be a liability. A concerns one of you posted earlier the need for remedial tutoring.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine parents. You have to teach both yourself and your kids rejections. Money can't buy or bribe everything.

That's what I have been saying: life is tough

I don't know if Irvine kids really know that "life is tough, when all they see around them is perfections. This may be much easier to say now when they hardly experience difficulties. Getting grounded for no video games or facebook is hardly devastating for the youths.
eyephone said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
Irvine parents. You have to teach both yourself and your kids rejections. Money can't buy or bribe everything.

That's what I have been saying: life is tough

Just because you post 5 times in response to a post (might I add - it's an annoying habit) doesn't make your story true. I still call bullshit. Again, if she was truly offered an actual written offer of admission (not a verbal one), then they would not have rescinded bc of one grade. Harvard doesn't rescind offers (maybe one or two a year). If your kid was really the chosen lucky ONE, then wow, sucks for her. Will make for a juicy story when she becomes successful one day. "The day harvard rescinded my offer...." couls be the title of her autobiography.

There were a couple B+ as well? This was an alarming signal for a straight A student that the school don't want to take a risk

If you don't want to read the multiple responses then stop commenting. You are lucky if I don't take your posts out.
irvinehome0wner said:
Just because you post 5 times in response to a post (might I add - it's an annoying habit) doesn't make your story true. I still call bullshit. Again, if she was truly offered an actual written offer of admission (not a verbal one), then they would not have rescinded bc of one grade. Harvard doesn't rescind offers (maybe one or two a year). If your kid was really the chosen lucky ONE, then wow, sucks for her. Will make for a juicy story when she becomes successful one day. "The day harvard rescinded my offer...." couls be the title of her autobiography.

This is for the fake irvinehome0wner

image_zps870b666f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back