Irvine Development Map

TWO Walmarts in Irvine? Now I'm never going to leave.

Just need a Hometown Buffet. :)

For the Northwood Park reno... I think that's probably going to be the community building, the picnic areas and possibly the baseball field and running track... they just re-did the playground.

Fresh N Easy is a good choice for Crossroads.

I think you're right about Mendocino and Saratoga at Stonegate being under construction.

First Daiso, now 2 Walmarts....
I thought Irvine wanted to keep these bargain stores out of town to help preserve the Unicorn land image.

What's next? Food for Less, Stater Brothers, 99c only store...?

irvinehomeowner said:

For the Northwood Park reno... I think that's probably going to be the community building, the picnic areas and possibly the baseball field and running track... they just re-did the playground.

I think you're right about Mendocino and Saratoga at Stonegate being under construction.

I saw earth movers lining up on the Mendocino site but no activity for the Saratoga site. What's the usual time difference between start of grading and finish of model homes? like 8 months? I think it kind depends on the sales pace of Maricopa as well.

ps9 said:
new updated map for spring..

1.  Another Walmart at the old Great Indoors location off Technology
2.  Fresh N Easy at Crossroads
3.  Garden Hill and Sage at PS will be "under construction"
4.  Mendocino and Saratoga under construction as well?  Can't tell if it's the 143 detached condo/133 single family as depicted on map.

The Motor Court Company said:
I thought Irvine wanted to keep these bargain stores out of town to help preserve the Unicorn land image.

irvinehomeowner said:

When 78% of your disposable income is going towards housing, you need to cut corners somewhere. Have you seen what 12 rolls of toilet paper cost at Walmart? It's practically free!

Tattoo Shops!!

I would say Massage Parlors but I think Irvine already has those according to IHS.

Plenty of those in private homes and apartments. Check Backpage,http://orangecounty.backpage.com/BodyRubs/?keyword=irvine

Humaniplex  or CL for ads. Chinese paper ads are much more explicit since IPD can't read them.

irvinehomeowner said:

Tattoo Shops!!

I would say Massage Parlors but I think Irvine already has those according to IHS.

I saw earth movers lining up on the Mendocino site but no activity for the Saratoga site. What's the usual time difference between start of grading and finish of model homes? like 8 months? I think it kind depends on the sales pace of Maricopa as well.
Brisk sales at Landfill Ranch will probably slow down the sales pace for Maricopa, at least Plans 2 & 3.  It will take another year to sell out Maricopa, and Mendocino will start in spring of 2013.  But I wonder why TIC is so slow in building Saratoga.  After few more phases for San Marcos, TIC will have nothing to offer for that size range, other than San Remos in LA.
By the way do you know if Mendocino Plan 1 has a room and full bathroom downstair?  Your link is not working anymore.  I remember seeing front door right in the middle, which leaves almost no space to put downstair room near front door.
I hope TIC prices Mendocino lower than Maricopa, if they want to compete with Landfill Ranch.

http://irvinequickrecords.com/SIREPUB/cache/0/44wv5k45fuufh255k0vvku45/1323171505102012091604465.PDF
From this document, it looks like Mendocino Plan 1 doesn't have a downstair BR/den. This is not very wise because the grandparents have to live upstairs.

Having San Marcos and San Mateo out of the picture, and by delaying Saratoga and San Mateo II, perhaps TIC is hoping people will start buying Sienna and San Remo which last time I checked are moving very slowly.

Irvine_Dreamer said:
Brisk sales at Landfill Ranch will probably slow down the sales pace for Maricopa, at least Plans 2 & 3.  It will take another year to sell out Maricopa, and Mendocino will start in spring of 2013.  But I wonder why TIC is so slow in building Saratoga.  After few more phases for San Marcos, TIC will have nothing to offer for that size range, other than San Remos in LA.
By the way do you know if Mendocino Plan 1 has a room and full bathroom downstair?  Your link is not working anymore.  I remember seeing front door right in the middle, which leaves almost no space to put downstair room near front door.
I hope TIC prices Mendocino lower than Maricopa, if they want to compete with Landfill Ranch.

It's interesting that the documents for Mendocino actually point out that Plans 2-3 have downstairs bedroom (Saratoga does too... all 3 plans).

Back