Irvine Builders: Good or Bad?

Which Irvine builder best exemplifies quality in their architecture (not the location or the surroun

• Irvine Pacific (good neighborhood: Montecito, bad neighborhood: Mulberry)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Standard Pacific Homes (good neighborhood: Sienna, bad neighborhood: Canyon's Edge)

• Shea Homes (good neighborhood: Sagewood, bad neighborhood: Jasmine)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T.R.I. Pointe Homes (good neighborhood: Messina, bad neighborhood: Cariz)

• California Pacific Homes (good neighborhood: Olivos, bad neighborhood: Sage)

• Brookfield Residential (good neighborhood: La Vita, bad neighborhood: Citrus)

• KB Homes (good neighborhood: Vicenza, bad neighborhood: Willow)

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Taylor Morrison (good neighborhood: Las Ventanas, bad neighborhood: Quinterra)

• The New Home Company (good neighborhood: The Hill, bad neighborhood: Trevi)

• Toll Brothers (neighborhood: Hidden Canyon)

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Pulte Homes (good neighborhood: Hawthorn, bad neighborhood: Solstice)

• William Lyon Homes (good neighborhood: Whistler, bad neighborhood: Ambridge)

• John Laing Homes (good neighborhood: La Cima, bad neighborhood: Casalon)

• Warmington Homes (good neighborhood: Chantilly, bad neighborhood: Chaumont)

• Donald R. Horton Builders (neighborhood: Ivy Wreath)

• Fieldstone Homes (good neighborhood: Sycamores, bad neighborhood: Tapestry)

• Richmond American Homes (good neighborhood: Vicara, bad neighborhood: Birch Trail)

• K. Hovnanian Homes (neighborhood: Harmony)

• Ryland Homes (good neighborhood: Melrose, bad neighborhood: Acacia)

• Lennar (good neighborhood: Rosemist, bad neighborhood: Beachwood)

• Pardee Homes (good neighborhood: Arezzo, bad neighborhood: Fiore)

• Total voters
Any custom builder if you have the money to build a good quality custom house. They will use rebars....go to newport beach or laguna beach and you will see.

I tell you more...a very good quality house does not have a slab on grade but it generally has footings and better caissons and pillars as footing. The slab would be a one piece with the caissons (poured in  place) and eventually the external walls will be also made of reinforced concrete. Cost of the foundation 300k to 400k.

As far as I know slabs are concrete and concrete is reinforced otherwise it will bend under its own weight. I do not know what a conventional slab is. What I know is that slabs are reinforced, can have or not have footing, can be ribbed, waffled or otherwise uniform but in a way or in another they do all have reinforcement (tendons or rebars).

So I have no idea what a conventional slab is. A concrete slab to my knowledge is always reinforced.

Carton box builders do not use rebars because it would be more expensive...and  most of the people do not understand the difference anyhow.

As I said rebars and post tension slabs are not the same and rebars types are better. There is no doubt about it IMO.

Now the carton box builders do not use rebars...it does not mean it is ok...it just means they build cheap. And I do not like cheap poor quality stuff.

It is my opinion and you are free to disagree:)

Back