Irvine Blvd traffic bad?

irvineallmylife

I constantly here mixed reviews on homes backing irvine blvd? Some rather back a street than back someone's house while some can't stand the traffic? Is Irvine Blvd traffic that bad?

irvineallmylife said:
I constantly here mixed reviews on homes backing irvine blvd? Some rather back a street than back someone's house while some can't stand the traffic? Is Irvine Blvd traffic that bad?

Yes its bad.  I wouldnt buy a home backing any major Irvine street.  Its not just the amount of cars, but Irvine streets are like freeways.  Everyone is driving 55mph if not more, making road noise much higher than other areas.

hello said:
irvineallmylife said:

Yes its bad.  I wouldnt buy a home backing any major Irvine street.  Its not just the amount of cars, but Irvine streets are like freeways.  Everyone is driving 55mph if not more, making road noise much higher than other areas.

Yup.

Why would they put the most  expensive homes in BP against Irvine Blvd.  Good size yards and all, but still...

*Edit, oops n/m I guess those aren't Legends... Torrey maybe.  Eitherway.

aquabliss said:
Why would they put the most  expensive homes in BP against Irvine Blvd.  Good size yards and all, but still...

I hope the OC Sheriff maintains its buses well since the stretch of Irvine Blvd between Bake and the 133 is what they use to transport inmates from the jail to the courts and back. It would suck if the Sheriff bus got a blowout and crashed into a Torrey backyard spilling a load of inmates.

RE: Torrey Location . .so I've been totally wrong on this (among other things), I also thought it would be noisy, however, and this isn't necessarily a good thing, but since the houses are below the street, the sound wasn't that bad when i walked through the other day (5:30PM weekday). 

Yes Irvine Blvd traffic is bad.  Reasons are is that people drive fast and there's a lot of cars.  I read somewhere that homes backing a major street or highway go on average about 10% less per sqft than homes without road noise.  The sound will only get louder at night.  Can you hear anything with all the windows and doors closed?  What about when you're sleeping?  Can you hear anything?

Another issue is that you can't leave a door or window open without a bunch of noise.

Many people in the morning travel from LF to Irvine using Irvine Blvd and also back.  There will only be more traffic once the new school and homes surrounding it are built.  I would NEVER buy a home near Irvine Blvd unless you got a substantial discount.  They are widening Irvine Blvd as we speak because they know that there will be a lot more traffic.

irvineallmylife said:

yes it's preferential to have no neighbor behind you but the street you back into matters a lot. Major streets and highways are a big NO, you're better off with a neighbor behind you. Small residential streets as long as it's not the main artery street of your community is a different story and more acceptable.

Happiness said:
aquabliss said:

I hope the OC Sheriff maintains its buses well since the stretch of Irvine Blvd between Bake and the 133 is what they use to transport inmates from the jail to the courts and back. It would suck if the Sheriff bus got a blowout and crashed into a Torrey backyard spilling a load of inmates.

Lol wth

collected said:
Yes Irvine Blvd traffic is bad.  Reasons are is that people drive fast and there's a lot of cars.  I read somewhere that homes backing a major street or highway go on average about 10% less per sqft than homes without road noise.  The sound will only get louder at night.  Can you hear anything with all the windows and doors closed?  What about when you're sleeping?  Can you hear anything?

Another issue is that you can't leave a door or window open without a bunch of noise.

Many people in the morning travel from LF to Irvine using Irvine Blvd and also back.  There will only be more traffic once the new school and homes surrounding it are built.  I would NEVER buy a home near Irvine Blvd unless you got a substantial discount.  They are widening Irvine Blvd as we speak because they know that there will be a lot more traffic.

What about the homes off Eastwood villages. I don't think they are widening Irvine Blvd over there.

I would avoid buying a home that backs into Irvine Blvd in Eastwood unless there's a substantial discount.  Irvine Blvd is busy from Lake Forest to Tustin.  Jeffrey is less traffic but it still has a noise issue because cars travel at least 50-60 mph on those roads.  If they travel at 30mph you can barely hear them. 

http://www.nonoise.org/resource/trans/highway/spnoise.htm

Cars make 10x as much noise at 55mph than they do at 30mph. 

In 10 years and beyond, everyone in Irvine will be driving teslas or some sort of electric car anyways = no noise :D

Wow it looks like that Odyssey was hit from both sides!  Could be that it was just hit from the passenger side but it almost looks like there is damage on both sides.

yikes! Hope no one had any major injuries but it looks like a bad accident. Were there more than 2 cars involved? There is always an accident at that intersection at least once a month

Paris said:
yikes! Hope no one had any major injuries but it looks like a bad accident. Were there more than 2 cars involved? There is always an accident at that intersection at least once a month

Wow, I hope all involved are safe.

Yeah, there is a white hatchback being towed towards the back of the picture.

Not sure why that particular intersection gets so many accidents but it's the one where the Northwood Cheerleader was killed a few years ago.

Hubby's car was totaled there in 2000. Girl who hit him didn't even remember anything. She forgot to turn her lights on (night) and ran a red hitting our car. Plenty of people saw the accident and not one person stopped to check on either car/passengers.

Hope everyone was unharmed, be careful out there guys. Even if the light turns green, be a defensive driver and make sure the intersection is clear before entering.

Ready2Downsize said:
Not sure why that particular intersection gets so many accidents but it's the one where the Northwood Cheerleader was killed a few years ago.

Hubby's car was totaled there in 2000. Girl who hit him didn't even remember anything. She forgot to turn her lights on (night) and ran a red hitting our car. Plenty of people saw the accident and not one person stopped to check on either car/passengers.

You know I never understand how people who just witness an accident can just drive by without a care. I feel irvine especially where people like to mind their own business but what ever happened to the good Samaritans?
Our hicks canyon elementary school just lost a parent to a dui accident (he was the victim) and when his car went up in flames witnesses even risked their own life to try and pull him out of the car. This was in the city of orange. If it were in Irvine good luck if anyone would even stop.
http://ktla.com/2016/05/14/orange-r...iery-crash-triggered-by-suspected-dui-driver/

Paris said:
Ready2Downsize said:

You know I never understand how people who just witness an accident can just drive by without a care. I feel irvine especially where people like to mind their own business but what ever happened to the good Samaritans?
Our hicks canyon elementary school just lost a parent to a dui accident (he was the victim) and when his car went up in flames witnesses even risked their own life to try and pull him out of the car. This was in the city of orange. If it were in Irvine good luck if anyone would even stop.
http://ktla.com/2016/05/14/orange-r...iery-crash-triggered-by-suspected-dui-driver/
The article describes the victom as a resident of Orange.  Why is his kid attending TUSD?

Back