Irvine Baseball league

Irvineshopper

My 10-year old son wants to start playing baseball and I noticed that it looks like there are 3 leagues in Irvine. Irvine Pony Baseball, Irvine Ranch Little League and Northwood Little League.  Does anyone have any experience/insight in these leagues?  not sure if there is a difference nor which one would be best to join.  Thanks

My son played with irvine pony and irvine ranch for one season each. From our experience, ip is well organized, but very competitive. Ir is very laid back, but is not organized well. It's hard to get a hold of someone if you have questions. If your son plays well and wants to excel, go with ip. If your son jst wants to play for fun, go with ir. ip coaches instruct well and push the kids. Hope that helps!

Anyone with their kids still in ball?  I was under the impression most legumes for most sports start the kids out at 5 if not earlier

We started our son at 4 and played 2 seasons. We stopped since he wasn't too interested in baseball anymore. Almost all of our friends still play, but some did stop a season after us because of the increase in pressure to play well.

Hi, we play for Northwood LL. We love it. My boys  (10) and (12) have been playing at NWLL for 6 years.  You have to sign up with IR or NW depending on what part of Irvine you live in.  What part of Irvine do you live in?

Back