Irvine-area car repair shop recommendations?

All,

Looking for a repair shop to do the stuff that the Honda dealer would want an arm and a leg to do, e.g. brake jobs, timing belt, other periodic, preventative maintenance. I'd prefer to support a local, small business if possible.

Suggestions?

I heartily recommend

AutoCare Express

714-979-6630

375 S. Bristol St., #90

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

I've taken my cars there for 15 years. They do a great job and have quite reasonable prices. Dan is the owner and has always been honest with me even when it means less money for him. Depending on what you need done, they will give you a ride to work/home or get you a rental car.

A-Z Tech Automotive

(949) 472-8111

Via Fabricante

Mission Viejo

I first found this shop over 15 years ago. The owner did most of the work himself with a couple of helpers and his wife took care of the books. Due to their honesty, integrity and hard work, the shop moved to a larger facility and continues to grow. The owner doesn't get as dirty these days, but he has trained his staff well, and I continue to be impressed by the professionalism, competence and customer service I receive every time I need to go in. I'm not in the habit of making recommendations about anything, but this shop is deserving of all the praise I can heap on it.

BTW, I asked once if they could fix a particular problem. The response: "Is it between A and Z?" :)

[quote author="Suzanne?s Ex" date=1230721049]

BTW, I asked once if they could fix a particular problem. The response: "Is it between A and Z?" :)</blockquote>

So he couldn't make a 2004 model into an '09 because they're numbers, not letters..

hmm..I get it.

Vtec in Irvine:

51 Auto Center Dr Ste 12

Irvine, CA 92618

(949) 206-9108

<a href="http://www.yelp.com/biz/vtec-auto-repair-irvine">Yelp Reviews</a>

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1230732308]Don't ask me, i only know people who can change motors, and modify cars well into the stupid range.

-bix</blockquote>

Did you buddy with the Torino really buy a body shop to get the car painted?

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1231500732][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1230732308]Don't ask me, i only know people who can change motors, and modify cars well into the stupid range.

-bix</blockquote>

Did you buddy with the Torino really buy a body shop to get the car painted?</blockquote>

Yes and now. He found out the place was very, very shady and a HUGE risk for being sued. So many shady things had been going on that it was easier for him to get his work done and then shut the doors.

It is still a sore point for him... and of course, all the better for us to abuse him over! :lol:

anyways good luck

-bix

Back