iPhone 15 - All Island, No Lightning

irvinehomeowner

So anyone get this?

Island across the 15 and 15 Pro lines... titanium body, 48mp camera and USB-C instead of Lightning.

Pro line has action button that replaces the mute switch.

Still no Touch ID.

If your home has mixed devises between iOS and Android, USB-C will simplify things but if you hare a bunch of Lightning cords, gonna have to buy adapters or new cords.

As much as I don't want to upgrade... seems like I need to this year and carriers are running pretty good deals to get the 15 for free.

I got it. It was kind of a pointless gadget purchase. My case doesn't make it easy to use the action button. My previous phone (which was a 14!) would occasionally freak out so that was enough for me to make a change. I always charge wirelessly and my car has wireless CarPlay so the lightning/USB piece hasn't really been a factor.

I too did the jump to the 14 last month for my whole family, with trade-ins, didn’t cost me anything. Won’t be buying a new phone for a while.

We upgraded to 14s last September (pro for me and pro max for my wife, plus for kids) and don’t see anything worth upgrading for with the 15.

What annoyed me last year was that I got the kids phones in late September and then a month or so later they started giving them away for free with no trade-in needed.

So I would advise people looking to upgrade to maybe wait a month or two and see if you can get it completely free

What annoyed me last year was that I got the kids phones in late September and then a month or so later they started giving them away for free with no trade-in needed.

That's what I was going to do with the 14 because some carriers will let you upgrade without trade-in because the 15s are out. But VZW is running a pretty good promotion right now, you can trade it any iPhone (6 or higher) in any condition and they will give you full credit up to $1k (not tiered credit) towards a 15 if you add a new line (or move from another carrier) on their highest plan. I know I have some old (and maybe broken) iPhones around somewhere that I never got around to reselling.

I got the 15 Pro. Upgraded from 12 Pro Max. It was my first Pro Max and it became too heavy over time for me. The 15 Pro is a nice upgrade from the 12 Pro Max. Everything is very smooth with the updated 120Hz display instead of 60Hz. The battery is noticeably weaker as it's not a Pro Max but I personally don't use it that much. Everything is also fast...like really fast... From clicking on apps to scrolling from different viewing modes. I haven't really played with the camera too much since I don't upgrade my phone because of the "camera". I have an SLR for that. The island is surprisingly not as annoying as I thought it would be.

On the downside, the battery is noticeably weaker as it's not a Pro Max but I personally don't use it that much. I've also seen the drop tests are quite horrible and it seems to crack very easily. Granted I don't foresee myself ripping my iPhone in half like these Youtubers but it is a bit concerning the durability is worse than the 14.

Back