Interesting conversation with an auto repo company today...

So, I was speaking with a new prospective client this afternoon... they own an auto recovery company. She commented that business has been "so busy" this month. I asked about the repo's she's seeing, and her comment was "so many mortgage & real estate people". Typical stuff, made a lot of money... did not plan or save... and now they are recovering their cars.

Funny you should mention that. I have seen a lot of cars with "for sale" signs on them in my neighborhood lately. Sign of the times, I guess.

I heard that you can get some good deals on Range Rovers and SLs. Of course you could try to get to Daniel Sadek's Ferraris and Porsches before Vegas does and get a screaming deal. That way you could live 300 miles away and still get here in less than a hour. You wouldn't care about fuel but Trooper might care that you passed him at 150 MPH.

<p>Eva....that picture ! I had forgotten about it. I'll have to try and find it again ! </p>

<p>CAl, you can still have a crush on me ! I think with this dry spell, I'm about to start playing both sides of the fence ! Hedging my bets, as you were.</p>

<p>ISM, the above comment seques nicely into my being outed.....</p>

<p>Effie....no worries my friend. Perhaps I should change my moniker to Trooperette ? </p>

<p> </p>

Check out www.leasetrader.com- about a year ago, if you did a 25 mi search from an Irvine zip, perhaps 50-60 cars would pop up, 154 today. Perhaps the site just gets more business, my guess is it is a sign of the times. And when you see the ridiculous lease terms some people agreed to, one could certainly see that person in a 100% loan with an additional refi cashout a year later.

Aww... The pic is gone, but it was with the post re: investment club for women <a href="http://forums.irvinehousingblog.com/discussion/183/2/craigslist-finds/">here</a>.

<p>I was just commenting to my fiancee last night how many cars have recently been listed for sale on an Acura forum I'm on...I said I thought it was either due to people tightening their belts or because it's getting close to fall, when a lot of people put their "nice" cars away for the winter. I have been a daily poster there for over 18 months. It's not just me that noticed...someone actually started a post today asking if prices were suddenly falling for certain models, and others commented on the uptick in "for sale" offers. </p>

Jeeps are getting sold left and right thanks to gas prices. I'll bet the same belt-tightening effect is at work, too. They top out at $30k with the right options, so they aren't exactly cheap transportation for someone on a budget.

Back