inspector recommendations

ducky

Hello,

Wife and I are under contract. Any current inspector recommendations? I saw Bilt Rite was recommended last year.

thanks

ducky said:
Hello,

Wife and I are under contract. Any current inspector recommendations? I saw Bilt Rite was recommended last year.

thanks
Blit Rite is the best inspector for new homes and several of my clients used Steve with good success. 

Coming up on my last walkthrough...any reason to actually use Steve?  I really like him but I wonder what things are really visible during that inspection.

Irvinecommuter said:
Coming up on my last walkthrough...any reason to actually use Steve?  I really like him but I wonder what things are really visible during that inspection.

there are still a lot of things that he will catch that you likely wouldnt. we used him for our final walkthrough inspection and he found a good amount of stuff that we would not have even realized was wrong.

qwerty said:
there are still a lot of things that he will catch that you likely wouldnt. we used him for our final walkthrough inspection and he found a good amount of stuff that we would not have even realized was wrong.
Did the builder address them or did they TIC you and tell you to just take it because they have a list of others who will.  :mad:

qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

What sorts of things did he find wrong?

test said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

What sorts of things did he find wrong?

almost all cabinet doors would bind, the gas line for the water heater was undersized, they didnt use the fireproof sealant in between the stemwall/wall on the wall between the house/garage, the garage door sensors were too high off the ground vs the standard 6 inches, gaps in weepscreed, a broken roof tile.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
Did the builder address them or did they TIC you and tell you to just take it because they have a list of others who will.  :mad:
Qwerty had the pleasure of not having to deal with TIC but another home builder.

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

They adressed everything they were very good about it.  Didn't pull the "well the inspector signed off on everything" BS.

Bilt rite is booked a few weeks out.  Does anyone have any other recommendations?  thanks!

Older house in north tustin

Back