Inflation vs. Deflation

[quote author="awgee" date=1241756211]It appears the ten year yield is at 3.34%.</blockquote>

I liked the lukewarm quantitative easing announcement from the ECB. "Yeah we're going to try, but not that hard".

[quote author="awgee" date=1241077279]I do not like TIPS because they are indexed to the CPI. The CPI was negative, -0.5%, in the latest reporting. The CPE, which the Federal Reserve uses in it's calculations was higher than the anticipated 1.8% and was actually 2.9%, as reported today along with a negative GDP of 6.1%.

The government's calculation of CPI is absolute b------t. The government calculates it's entitlement increases based on the CPI.

A large Dr. Pepper at Jack in the Box including tax is $2.47!

A double scoop cone at Baskin Robbins including tax is $5.39!

Yield on the 10 year is 3.11%.

Geithner and Bernanke must be having a cow right about now.</blockquote>

You can buy 5 gallons of Valutime ice cream at Stater Bros. for $5.99 DO NOT OVERPAY FOR ICE CREAM!

The 10 year is, IMO, about to spike.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1241780044]You can buy 5 gallons of Valutime ice cream at Stater Bros. for $5.99 DO NOT OVERPAY FOR ICE CREAM!

<strong>The 10 year is, IMO, about to spike.</strong></blockquote>

You're a gambler, if you believe that, and I do too, then buy some TBT. It's like having pocket aces, another ace fell on the flop, and in slow motion you see the other ace start to turn over on 5th street. Giving Bernanke the rake.

Back