Impact of Coronavirus on housing market?

Of course this an impact. If companies do not make money. Then they fire people.

No job = no house (unless you have rich relatives or you already own the house)

Salient indeed. I?m not saying there are no impacts, obviously there should be, but curious of what the extent is in Irvine and what the realtors here are seeing...

mhanism said:
Salient indeed. I?m not saying there are no impacts, obviously there should be, but curious of what the extent is in Irvine and what the realtors here are seeing...

Look at the news.
People and Businesses are canceling trips. People are like not going out.

All this money being put into bank accounts right now.  Do you see gold going up or bit coin?  Nope...In fact they're crashing along with the broader market.  So where is all this money going after selling off?

Into checking accounts waiting for the right time to jump back into stocks.

zubs said:
All this money being put into bank accounts right now.  Do you see gold going up or bit coin?  Nope...In fact they're crashing along with the broader market.  So where is all this money going after selling off?

Into checking accounts waiting for the right time to jump back into stocks.

Wise move, the key here is capital preservation. Better not to loose, best is to have ample ammunitions in case things drags out.

So based on what I'm hearing and 'feeling', I think we'll hold off on our listing (up here in the Bay Area) until early April to let thing's cool off a bit. Also the idea of potentially sick or infected ppl coming into our home touching and coughing isn't the most ideal.

mhanism said:
So based on what I'm hearing and 'feeling', I think we'll hold off on our listing (up here in the Bay Area) until early April to let thing's cool off a bit. Also the idea of potentially sick or infected ppl coming into our home touching and coughing isn't the most ideal.

I would wait...

Yeah - will gauge how a few open houses in our community go this weekend and how the news/markets go next week, then decide.

mhanism said:
Yeah - will gauge how a few open houses in our community go this weekend and how the news/markets go next week, then decide.

Yes, I would be interested to know how the shoppers for open house in NCAL goes. It?s two different market.

Yes, for the same reason aforementioned, seller afraid of this potential germ invade their open house and may remove listing at the peak of the selling season.

We shall see.

Hmm, I've actually seen several open house signs up here in the Fremont area. Too bad the weather is crappy and rainy though.

Our realtor mentioned assuming we go forward with next week's open house, we'd have hand sanitizers everywhere, social distancing, and will wipe down everything before, during, and after.

Interesting enough, we got a request for a private viewing of our place tomorrow.

I?m assuming that?s far lower than expected or usual?

I also got an email from a builder in Irvine releasing new phases of homes next week, which I thought was a bit odd given the scare of the virus. I figured they may slow down the phases a bit until things calmed down.

People forget, when quarantined at home, and you are out of toilet paper and the hoarder taken the last roll, go to your backyard and hose it down.

Serious question - Any with masks? I'm seeing them all over the place from stores to joggers and dog walkers.

My .02c

Back