I'm calling it for Extreme Pizza (Trabuco Grove)

Okay, I'm officially on the record with my call that the store will be kaput within the month. I have purchased pizzas there the past two Tuesday nights (drop my son off at Math Monkey, walk over to order his pizza, come back with him an hour later to pick up his pizza...voila!! instant dinner, no worries.) Each night I was their only customer, probably for the whole night from what I could glean from the kid behind the counter. The second time (this week) I got a refund instead of a pizza because their machine was broken or something...Anyway, the kid said that the owner is dipping into his savings to pay the bills because there are NO customers. It's really sad - they have a little bar near the front door that was obviously placed to try to make some money on the good margins from alcohol sales, but this is Irvine and it doesn't really work (okay, beer does work for Northwood Pizza but that place is a whole different business model, there for sports team parties mostly it seems...and they seem to be doing just fine!).

I've been getting spammed by them with daily email coupons for a large 1-topping pizza for $8.99. I have been getting at least one coupon a day from them for the past two weeks. Serves me right for giving them my email address many moons ago. It goes directly into my spam folder now...

That is sad. I've been meaning to try their pizza. I usually go to the one in Woodbury Town Center... First Class Pizza which I like but its a bit fatty. Then again its pizza... I know, I know.

I went there for lunch last summer and we were the only people there. One employee was sitting at the counter eating and another was on his cell phone. Neither wanted to be interrupted long enough to take our order. The tables were dirty, which was strange since there was no one else eating there. It was probably left over from the previous night.

There are a ton of these up north. The ones up there are much better run. The kids at the one in Irvine don't seem to care or shower.

Doesn't surprise me if they go. Went once, place was dirty, but one other customer in there. Clearly they had time to clean it up. Pizza wasn't very good. Staff was indifferent. I had First Class the other day at Woodbury Town center, better pizza, cleaner restaurant and more attentive staff. Unfortunately, they weren't that busy either.

I was over at that center today for lunch (around 12:30ish) and there was hardly anyone at any of those restaurants. In all of La Salsa, there were only four others eating when I walked in. In the 30-40 minutes I was there, maybe eight to ten people bought food, myself and lunch partner included...

And, way off topic here, I went to California Fish Grill at Culver and Barranca today at 12:15. It is usually hard to find a place to park, there is a line out the door, and good luck getting a table. Not today, plenty of open parking, a few people in line and plenty of open tables. Not that they were hurting or anything, but way slower.

Back