IHB's New Troll

IrvineRenter_IHB

Have any of you been reading the comments from our new Blog Troll, Nancy?

This is some of the finest blog trolling I have ever seen. Every comment is designed to get engagement; they are just outrageous enough to get attention without being over the line. The sophistry is subtle, and the persona is maintained through shifting subjects and paradigms. Classic.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1247134161]Have any of you been reading the comments from our new Blog Troll, Nancy?

This is some of the finest blog trolling I have ever seen. Every comment is designed to get engagement; they are just outrageous enough to get attention without being over the line. The sophistry is subtle, and the persona is maintained through shifting subjects and paradigms. Classic.</blockquote>
If it livens things up then it's all good. I too noticed our new blog friend's commentary.

Please direct me to her posts, I did a search for her name in the member search and received 0 results. I don't remember her.

[quote author="tmare" date=1247135604]Please direct me to her posts, I did a search for her name in the member search and received 0 results. I don't remember her.</blockquote>

Main blog. Not here at the forums. Hope this helps.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1247134161]Have any of you been reading the comments from our new Blog Troll, Nancy?

This is some of the finest blog trolling I have ever seen. Every comment is designed to get engagement; they are just outrageous enough to get attention without being over the line. The sophistry is subtle, and the persona is maintained through shifting subjects and paradigms. Classic.</blockquote>

LOL. IR, I have the visual image of you studying Nancy's behavior as Jane Goodall famously studied the chimps. :)

Just went over to the main blog and read all of today's comments. Wow, it's a whole different world over there! So that's where Lawyerliz went...I was wondering whatever happened to her.

Seems like the main blog gets more of a national audience, whereas these forums are mostly just us locals.

I'm always the last one to figure out that a troll is a troll... No_Vas and Graph seem to be the experts at sniffing them out within their first few posts.

I find her tiresome. An ignore option on the blog would be great so I could bypass her blather. I did enjoy your comebacks however!

I just through the blog astute comments and I do not think Nancy is a troll. I think she is angry. She is angry that she bought at what the time seemed like a good time to buy, and she afraid that her timing is turning out to be not so good. She is angry that she did not see the coming fall in prices, even if she says she did. She is angry because she feels stuck and out of control.

It appears to me that the subjects that Nancy brings to the fore of the converstion and insists that she is ok with are those subjects which are actually bothering her. You will not catch her in any significant contradictions, because she is way too intelligent. If you try to make her wrong, you will be wasting your time.

Home prices are going to fall ferociously in Irvine and Seal Beach. It will be enough to get a good deal.

[quote author="stepping_up" date=1247137090]I'm always the last one to figure out that a troll is a troll... No_Vas and Graph seem to be the experts at sniffing them out within their first few posts.</blockquote>

I've been trolling the Coto Housing Blog. The guy who writes it is crazy and I enjoy razzing him.

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1248223291]a troll trying to argue that buying at any price is ok if you do funny math regarding the value of appreciation.</blockquote>

Seriously! I almost played with him, but trolling the troll is lame.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1247176081][quote author="stepping_up" date=1247137090]I'm always the last one to figure out that a troll is a troll... No_Vas and Graph seem to be the experts at sniffing them out within their first few posts.</blockquote>

I've been trolling the Coto Housing Blog. The guy who writes it is crazy and I enjoy razzing him.</blockquote>
The guy who writes it is a troll on his own blog.

[quote author="awgee" date=1248230135][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1247176081][quote author="stepping_up" date=1247137090]I'm always the last one to figure out that a troll is a troll... No_Vas and Graph seem to be the experts at sniffing them out within their first few posts.</blockquote>

I've been trolling the Coto Housing Blog. The guy who writes it is crazy and I enjoy razzing him.</blockquote>
The guy who writes it is a troll on his own blog.</blockquote>

I didn't think they allow trolls inside the gates?

Delroy

Again, I feel really left out... who is newport skipper? Is this over on the blog? Anyone else besides me chuckle when they say "skipper'?

Back