[IHB] How Will the Orange County Great Park be Built without Redevelopment Money

Jenita143 said:
what's being built on the other side of Sand Canyon across from the Great Park?

Northwest of Sand Canyon between the I-5 and Trabuco?
Cypress Village.

Or southeast of Sand Canyon?
Retail, mixed-used and childcare.

Attachments

• PA 40 Map.pdf
    612.5 KB · Views: 422
How corrupted is Larry Agran? leeching off Great Park money for the last couple years.

zovall said:
test said:
Developer offers to build O.C. Great Park for Irvine in private-public deal
http://www.ocregister.com/news/city-371212-park-haddad.html

But rather than handing the entire $211 million to the city ? which burned through the $200 million in initial developer fees without creating much of a park ? Haddad wants to oversee the development of the sports complex and bosque and then hand them over to the city.

LOL awesome

yes i totally agree... if people are too busy to vote, it still confounds me why ppl do not just elect to vote by mail instead...  We have a majority of registered republicans yet we consistently allow the liberals to take office... wth...

293absx.jpg

Stolen from the Register

The future High School is really close to Musick...hopefully not a open campus like the rest of Irvine schools.

I wonder if it's too late to build an airport
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-great-park-20121027,0,6001604.story

Ten years after Orange County residents voted to turn a shuttered military base into one of America's most ambitious municipal parks, most of the land remains fenced off, looking very much like the airfield the Marines left behind.

The city of Irvine has spent at least $203 million on the project, but only 200 acres of the promised 1,347-acre Great Park has been built, and half of that is leased out for commercial farming.

Most of the money has paid for plans, designs and consultants, with less than a fifth of it going toward actual park construction, according to a Times analysis of the spending.

Now, the money to build "the first great metropolitan park of the 21st century" ? as the city calls it ? has just about run out, leaving Irvine leaders to contemplate radical measures: Selling off public land to raise funds or asking private business to step in and build the park for them.

The park, by now, was supposed to be filled with scores of sports fields and eventually museums, cultural centers, botanical gardens, and maybe even a university ? all tucked into a bucolic landscape of forests, lawns, a lake and 60-foot-deep canyon that would be scooped from the earth once the barracks and runways were demolished.

Back