IHB Girls? Day Out

[quote author="tmare" date=1235812739][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1235808021][quote author="SoCal78" date=1235792243]<u>Attention Ladies of the IHB</u>

We have a special get-together planned for the morning of Saturday, March 21. Our destination will be a fun meal-assembly kitchen here in Irvine. All women of the IHB are welcome to attend this event. Send me a PM for more specific details. If you would like to join us, r.s.vp. by March 12. Hope to see you there!</blockquote>

Women get angry when we tell them their job is to cook. But then they create cooking events and say "for women only"!

I say we have a second get-together right after yours, where we eat the food you guys cooked! YUM! ;)</blockquote>

And you get to clean.</blockquote>

That is the way it works in our house.

<em>I am open to suggestions if you all have a favorite. </em>

<a href="http://www.thecenteroc.org/">The Center - Orange County</a>

Tongue in cheek, of course.... ;) Have fun you girls.

Update:

Just a reminder for those interested in joining us -- please RSVP by this Thursday so we can get our head count. Also, I have just learned this facility wants us to place our orders in advance so you will need to visit their site and make your selections <em><strong>by this Saturday - the 14th!</strong></em> If you have been in touch with me regarding this event, I will send this information to you in a PM with specific instructions. Also, don't forget to visit our Adventure Club page to add your name to the event there. Please let me know if you have any questions.

<em>Success! </em>

Our adventure at Dinner A'Fare went very well. I think we all had a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone for joining us.

Definitely a success! Thanks to SoCal and the other ladies who came. I had a great time and have a freezer packed with some pretty fancy meals for the family. I like the concept a lot and am thinking of going once a month or so to have some meals ready in case I am pinched for time or want to try a new meal at home.

Oh also I made the Cuban Pinon yesterday and it was awesome. I served it with rice and black beans as they suggested -which is very authentic. The best part is now I know how to make it again on my own. The only thing I'd change is I'd make it without raisins next time. I didn't hate it with the raisins but my hubby doesn't like cooked raisins in food. Definitely a hit otherwise though.

It was great to finally meet you, NewToOc and also ohnelly & kayochan. I also like the concept a lot and thought this place was great - I would definitely go back. I have made the Greek Chicken Pitas and they were very good. There was no serving suggestion but I used sliced cucumber and lettuce to the pita and added dried dill to the tsaski sauce. It was very nice. Maybe we'll have to arrange some kind of April get-together.

I'd definitely be up for that. We can talk options next time :)

I've been writing covered calls for over a decade but just started doing other stuff lately.

[quote author="NewToOC" date=1237854470]I'd definitely be up for that. We can talk options next time :)

I've been writing covered calls for over a decade but just started doing other stuff lately.</blockquote>

Cool! I didn't know. That would definitely be fun to get together and discuss that. Yay!

Hi Girls!

I had a GREAT time as well and I've made the Greek dish and the Teriyaki dish and my family looooved them!

I was also thinking of going once a month so let me know if you girls want to go again (or I will PM you before I plan to go).

:) :) :)

I defrosted my first dinner (Ricotta stuffed Chicken) and am looking forward to eating it! Thanks again, SoCal78, for putting it together! It was fun!

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1237872836]Better becareful girls TEN is preying this thread.</blockquote>

This is true. For Ten's sake, we should display caution when discussing chicken <em>breasts</em>, <em>leg </em>of lamb, etc.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1237943052][quote author="bkshopr" date=1237872836]Better becareful girls TEN is preying this thread.</blockquote>

This is true. For Ten's sake, we should display caution when discussing chicken <em>breasts</em>, <em>leg </em>of lamb, etc.</blockquote>

No need to worry, I?m not a big meat or starch eater (carbs).

More than happy to volunteer my time at your next meet up.

Let?s do it at the Veggie Grill.

I?ll demonstrate my spicy chipotle vegetable quesadilla recipe.

Bam!

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1237954360][quote author="SoCal78" date=1237943052][quote author="bkshopr" date=1237872836]Better becareful girls TEN is preying this thread.</blockquote>

This is true. For Ten's sake, we should display caution when discussing chicken <em>breasts</em>, <em>leg </em>of lamb, etc.</blockquote>

Bam!</blockquote>
work it Ten!

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237955566][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1237954360][quote author="SoCal78" date=1237943052][quote author="bkshopr" date=1237872836]Better becareful girls TEN is preying this thread.</blockquote>

Bam!</blockquote>
work it Ten!</blockquote>

Under promise, over deliver

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1237957402][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237955566][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1237954360][quote author="SoCal78" date=1237943052][quote author="bkshopr" date=1237872836]Better becareful girls TEN is preying this thread.</blockquote>

Bam!</blockquote>

<strong>Under promise, over deliver</strong></blockquote>

Which really means... "I'm not confident".

[quote author="BlackVault CM2" date=1237957773][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1237957402][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1237955566][quote author="tenmagnet" date=1237954360][quote author="SoCal78" date=1237943052][quote author="bkshopr" date=1237872836]Better becareful girls TEN is preying this thread.</blockquote>

Bam!</blockquote>

<strong>Under promise, over deliver</strong></blockquote>

Which really means... "I'm not confident".</blockquote>

I just thought it meant he works at Veggie Grill.

Back