IHB Forum As An Economic Indicator - Address Threads

[quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252647170]"Don?t corporations pay market prices for real estate? I didn?t realize there was a special market for those special corporate sales. Perhaps you can elucidate?"

Apparently not, because $2,250,000 was way, way, way over market at the time.</blockquote>

I'm done.

Skid Mark is now on ignore.

I feel bad I wasted this much time with a Troll.

[quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1252642524]Skiddy, this ones for you.

Here is a nice deal in T Ridge. You might wanna evaluate the possibilty of any more 3200 Sq ft homes closing for $2.2MM this decade.

Here is a 3600 sq ft home with asking less than $1.7.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/35-Hidden-Trl-92603/home/5927964

What was that about T-Ridge and Shady Canyon prices... Oh Yeah, they're COLLAPSING. In this case ASKING exactly 25% off 2006 sales price.</blockquote>

Can someone tell the lady in pink to move out of the picture next time?

[quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252617606]This must have been missed:

34 Cezanne $2,200,000

51 Cezanne $2,295,000

20 Cezanne $2,375,000

21 Woodcrest $2,445,000

31 Canyon Ter $2,450,000

35 Canyon Ter $2,490,000

31 Starview $2,495,000

33 Ridgeview $2,525,000

29 Canyon Ter $2,590,000

Why isn't anyone commenting on the fact that 3500 sf homes are selling for $2.5 million in Turtle Ridge? Awgee's "it wasn't the bottom in 2005 either" argument was nonsensical - I need more. Maybe if you had said prices were collapsing and will resume again" I could go along, but you didn't. Please address the facts as they are.</blockquote>

NewportKipper, you posted those prices and now you say $2.25M is out of whack?

[quote author="Roo" date=1252647673][quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252617606]This must have been missed:

34 Cezanne $2,200,000

51 Cezanne $2,295,000

20 Cezanne $2,375,000

21 Woodcrest $2,445,000

31 Canyon Ter $2,450,000

35 Canyon Ter $2,490,000

31 Starview $2,495,000

33 Ridgeview $2,525,000

29 Canyon Ter $2,590,000

Why isn't anyone commenting on the fact that 3500 sf homes are selling for $2.5 million in Turtle Ridge? Awgee's "it wasn't the bottom in 2005 either" argument was nonsensical - I need more. Maybe if you had said prices were collapsing and will resume again" I could go along, but you didn't. Please address the facts as they are.</blockquote>

NewportKipper, you posted those prices and now you say $2.25M is out of whack?</blockquote>

I already said I had made a mistake with those.

[quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252647935][quote author="Roo" date=1252647673][quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252617606]This must have been missed:

34 Cezanne $2,200,000

51 Cezanne $2,295,000

20 Cezanne $2,375,000

21 Woodcrest $2,445,000

31 Canyon Ter $2,450,000

35 Canyon Ter $2,490,000

31 Starview $2,495,000

33 Ridgeview $2,525,000

29 Canyon Ter $2,590,000

NewportKipper, you posted those prices and now you say $2.25M is out of whack?</blockquote>

I already said I had made a mistake with those.</blockquote>

Sorry, I went through the thread a little too fast and missed that.

"No your out of hand dismissal of the well-informed opinions by one of the most respected independent fianancial analysts is disingenuous. You comments plainly speaks to a desire to support unsustainable (and most likely self-serving) views."

Stop being a crybaby. I don't accept unsupported statements easily.

[quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252648048]"No your out of hand dismissal of the well-informed opinions by one of the most respected independent fianancial analysts is disingenuous. You comments plainly speaks to a desire to support unsustainable (and most likely self-serving) views."

Stop being a crybaby. I don't accept unsupported statements easily.</blockquote>
But you sure seem to make them easily.

[quote author="Nude" date=1252648101][quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252648048]"No your out of hand dismissal of the well-informed opinions by one of the most respected independent fianancial analysts is disingenuous. You comments plainly speaks to a desire to support unsustainable (and most likely self-serving) views."

Stop being a crybaby. I don't accept unsupported statements easily.</blockquote>
But you sure seem to make them easily.</blockquote>

Again, jump in when there are actual facts you dispute. These generalizations are absurd.

[quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252648247][quote author="Nude" date=1252648101][quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252648048]"No your out of hand dismissal of the well-informed opinions by one of the most respected independent fianancial analysts is disingenuous. You comments plainly speaks to a desire to support unsustainable (and most likely self-serving) views."

But you sure seem to make them easily.</blockquote>

Again, jump in when there are actual facts you dispute. These generalizations are absurd.</blockquote>
Link your data sources and maybe there will be something to dispute. It's impossible to challenge something without a source.

Skippy.

Its official. You are a troll.

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable forum gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses. Yes, that's what they do.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1252648580]Skippy.

Its official. You are a troll.

What Is A Troll?

The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable forum gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses. Yes, that's what they do.</blockquote>

And you are deeply feaful, misguided and an all-around tool.

[quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1252647460][quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252647170]"Don?t corporations pay market prices for real estate? I didn?t realize there was a special market for those special corporate sales. Perhaps you can elucidate?"

Apparently not, because $2,250,000 was way, way, way over market at the time.</blockquote>

I'm done.

I feel bad I wasted this much time with a Troll.</blockquote>
Aww-w-w, you got it. Have you come to realize you will never get a straight answer?

Have you ever spoken with an intelligent schizophrenic? I am not saying Skippy is schizophrenic, but the discourse is similar.

By the way, I have had him on "ignore" for a few days now. The thread becomes cogent.

[quote author="awgee" date=1252651798][quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1252647460][quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252647170]"Don?t corporations pay market prices for real estate? I didn?t realize there was a special market for those special corporate sales. Perhaps you can elucidate?"

I'm done.

I feel bad I wasted this much time with a Troll.</blockquote>
Aww-w-w, you got it. Have you come to realize you will never get a straight answer?

Have you ever spoken with an intelligent schizophrenic? I am not saying Skippy is schizophrenic, but the discourse is similar.

By the way, I have had him on "ignore" for a few days now. The thread becomes cogent.</blockquote>

lol. Frankly, I am embarassed.

I believe I actually have had a large number of conversations with a highly intelligent schizophrenic (and old friend sadly). The conversations were, in fact, somewhat similar.

You clearly can't stand your bullshit being called.

[quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252648048]"No your out of hand dismissal of the well-informed opinions by one of the most respected independent fianancial analysts is disingenuous. You comments plainly speaks to a desire to support unsustainable (and most likely self-serving) views."

Followed by:

<blockquote>Again, jump in when there are actual facts you dispute. These generalizations are absurd.</blockquote>

<blockquote>And you are deeply feaful, misguided and an all-around tool.</blockquote>

and:

<blockquote>You clearly can?t stand your bullshit being called.</blockquote>

I used to think you sparked decent debate when you first arrived. This has degenerated into name calling, originating mainly from you. Generalizations by a respected figure in the financial industry are absurd? From what authority do you question these statements? Unless you are also a nationally respected banking analyst, I'm more inclined to believe Whitney, and to think less of you for your dismissive and insulting remarks.

And if this is how much credence you give to such a well-documented authority (which you clearly didn't bother checking), I no longer find it surprising why you're so contrary to people here.

At least your grammar and spelling are decent. You're clearly somewhat educated, which makes why you troll that much more difficult to comprehend.

[quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252650468]And you are deeply feaful, misguided and an all-around tool.</blockquote>

I haven't said much today, but ENOUGH with the name calling. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!

[quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1252652137]

I believe I actually have had a large number of conversations with a highly intelligent schizophrenic (and old friend sadly). The conversations were, in fact, somewhat similar.</blockquote>

No need to be embarrassed. I am easily sucked in.

And very sorry to hear about your friend.

Me too.

It is so sad. The only word I have to describe the experience is discordant.

The tune is fine, and more melodic than anything I could ever compose, and then things take a turn, and the notes are discordant. It makes no sense. The potential and the intelligence are still so obvious, and yet they are detached.

[quote author="awgee" date=1252659542][quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1252652137]

I believe I actually have had a large number of conversations with a highly intelligent schizophrenic (and old friend sadly). The conversations were, in fact, somewhat similar.</blockquote>

No need to be embarrassed. I am easily sucked in.

And very sorry to hear about your friend.

Me too.

It is so sad. The only word I have to describe the experience is discordant.

The tune is fine, and more melodic than anything I could ever compose, and then things take a turn, and the notes are discordant. It makes no sense. The potential and the intelligence are still so obvious, and yet they are detached.</blockquote>

Not too often Awgee and I agree.

This guy seems intelligent. But when it comes to any kind of personality in his discourse. Its seems fumbled and uncomfortable. Blowing off so many of us when its obvious

we have done our reading as well as maintaining our decorum. His inability to find any support other than Robby is also suspect. The few bulls that were behind him have

ran away in the last few days as well. I enjoy an advisary with an argument and some skills. But I just dont see it here with Skippy.

I just reread the last few posts, and I want to be clear.

I do not think Skippy is schizophrenic, nor am I in a position to judge, nor do I have any expertise or even knowledge in that area.

I was speaking of the experience for me.

And there are way more dissimilarities than similarities. The similarity is exclusively my experience with getting a sense that another person in a conversation is living in a different reality and that reality is so different that communication is worthless and somewhat unnerving.

[quote author="It?s a dry heat..." date=1252655997][quote author="NewportSkipper" date=1252648048]"No your out of hand dismissal of the well-informed opinions by one of the most respected independent fianancial analysts is disingenuous. You comments plainly speaks to a desire to support unsustainable (and most likely self-serving) views."

Followed by:

<blockquote>Again, jump in when there are actual facts you dispute. These generalizations are absurd.</blockquote>

<blockquote>And you are deeply feaful, misguided and an all-around tool.</blockquote>

and:

<blockquote>You clearly can?t stand your bullshit being called.</blockquote>

I used to think you sparked decent debate when you first arrived. This has degenerated into name calling, originating mainly from you. Generalizations by a respected figure in the financial industry are absurd? From what authority do you question these statements? Unless you are also a nationally respected banking analyst, I'm more inclined to believe Whitney, and to think less of you for your dismissive and insulting remarks.

And if this is how much credence you give to such a well-documented authority (which you clearly didn't bother checking), I no longer find it surprising why you're so contrary to people here.

At least your grammar and spelling are decent. You're clearly somewhat educated, which makes why you troll that much more difficult to comprehend.</blockquote>

The name calling is coming from me? Holy hell, you have not read a thing I've said. Even in this thread, I said the generalizations about me were absurd, not Ms. Whitney. Thanks for proving that you and your friends are incapable of telling the truth, even to yourselves.

Back