[IHB] Does the Irvine school system add value to local houses?

irvinehomeowner said:
I think most just want their kids to get a safe, good education and be able to choose from a large selection of colleges.

They can get all of that in many places outside of Irvine.

irvinehomeowner said:
I was reading the New Homes section in the OCReg this morning and I was wondering about that $1mil someone would spend on a new home.

Which one of these places do you spend it?

Vista Vallarta at Glenwood in Aliso Viejo (which Indie says has the same qualities of Irvine)
The Villas at Pacific Shores in Huntington Beach (a beach city... don't know about the views)
Cortona/Toscana at Laguna Altura in Irvine

If you're a family looking for "good schools"... isn't one choice obvious?

all the schools in that part of HB are 9s or 10s.  Pick beach close.

I thought this article was interesting

Nearly half of China's wealthiest citizens are considering emigrating, with the United States and Canada the most popular destinations, according to a new report from the authors of China's rich list.

The survey by the Bank of China and the Hurun Report, which publishes luxury magazines and runs a research institute, found that 46 percent of Chinese with assets worth more than 10 million yuan ($1.6 million) were considering moving abroad.

Many of the country's wealthiest citizens have made their money in China's construction and property sectors, as well as a growing domestic retail market.

But the rigid education system, rising living costs and widespread corruption have led many to look for homes abroad.
http://news.yahoo.com/almost-half-chinas-richest-want-emigrate-survey-063620562.html

So 20~30 more years of foreign cash buyers and then they will all be domestic cash buyers?

Irvinecommuter said:
I thought this article was interesting

Nearly half of China's wealthiest citizens are considering emigrating, with the United States and Canada the most popular destinations, according to a new report from the authors of China's rich list.

The survey by the Bank of China and the Hurun Report, which publishes luxury magazines and runs a research institute, found that 46 percent of Chinese with assets worth more than 10 million yuan ($1.6 million) were considering moving abroad.

Many of the country's wealthiest citizens have made their money in China's construction and property sectors, as well as a growing domestic retail market.

But the rigid education system, rising living costs and widespread corruption have led many to look for homes abroad.
http://news.yahoo.com/almost-half-chinas-richest-want-emigrate-survey-063620562.html

Back