IHB Battle Royale?

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1225957374][quote author="bltserv" date=1225957247][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1225956583][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1225956353][quote author="GOTTI" date=1225953928][quote author="acpme" date=1225952595]given how heated its gotten in some of the threads today, maybe we should set up some sort of IHB battle royale so everyone can take out their frustrations in a controlled, sponsored environment.</blockquote>
+1

I suggest K1 Karting!</blockquote>

I'm down.</blockquote>

heh... i'm walking distance from that right now. And we go every thursday for lunch. But really... i'm a slow driver.

-bix</blockquote>

My office is a block from the one in Orange.

I am just too big a guy for those dinky Karts.</blockquote>

I'm 6'5" and 260+, and I can kick it.</blockquote>
Nice. I'll call you William Perry from now on.

[quote author="GOTTI" date=1225957411]I'm actually down to squeeze off a few rounds. Unfortunately, I don't own a firearm. The last time I went shooting, I out shot the two LAPD friends that took me.</blockquote>

Like that's hard to do.... I went with a a 1944 Mosin Nagant Rifle and took a tactical rifle class. I outshot 1/2 the class with a rifle designed nearly 105 years ago and made 60+ years ago.... There were two of us in the class tha were non-officer/military....

I just have a few pistols at the moment. Mostly .45 and 9mm though. The rifles are 7.62x54, .416, .375 H&H and .50 BMG, but i don't shoot the big stuff mainly because its too expensive and there aren't too many places that can stand up to it....

good luck

-bix

p.s. my golf is like my car design.. more power less control! :lol:

Home Run Derby between IR2, LendingMaestro, and me.

or

Bike Race between PeterUK, Effenheimer, Acpme, Profette, and me, which I will inevitably lose, because everyone will find reasons to make me buy coffee anyway.

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1225958321]7.62x54, .416, .375 H&H and .50 BMG</blockquote>

That's like having a Yugo and a Bentley in your garage.

Yes, people underestimate surplus arms all the time. I once was shooting an iron sight Springfield 03-A3 on top of a shoe box next to some dude with a Sako PPC on a bench rest and I got smaller groups (exactly 1" center to center in the x ring). You should have seen the look on Mr. PPC's face when we walked up to our target frames.

[quote author="High Gravity" date=1225958888][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1225958321]7.62x54, .416, .375 H&H and .50 BMG</blockquote>

Yes, people underestimate surplus arms all the time. I once was shooting an iron sight Springfield 03-A3 on top of a shoe box next to some dude with a Sako PPC on a bench rest and I got smaller groups (exactly 1" center to center in the x ring). You should have seen the look on Mr. PPC's face when we walked up to our target frames.</blockquote>

I also have a 91/30 that is "mildily modified" and I also have a Romanian PSL for the long range stuff in 7.62x54. It essentially shoot 1/2 MOA at 400-600 yards. The .375 H&H is an old fashion Ruger One used for Buffalo hunting. It kicks... alot. I am trying to get ahold of an 03-A3, but it is not exactly cheap nowadays.

Anyways good luck and don't work too hard.

I vote for go cart racing...

-bix

I think you all are going about this the wrong way. I would much rather see Profette and Caycifsh wrestle it out in a inflatable pool of baby oil. :coolhmm:

Normally I would say Vic would pick up the drink tab. But, in this time of change, I think it would be best if Skek could spread his wealth in a very appropriate and needed IHB cause by picking up the tab.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1225963261]I think you all are going about this the wrong way. I would much rather see Profette and Caycifish wrestle it out in a inflatable pool of baby oil. :coolhmm:

Normally I would say Vic would pick up the drink tab. But, in this time of change, I think it would be best if Skek could spread his wealth in a very appropriate and needed IHB cause by picking up the tab.</blockquote>

I think her biking trumps my elliptical trainer, and she would kick my a$$. But ya'll can have a fun time watching nonetheless.

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1225963207][quote author="High Gravity" date=1225958888][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1225958321]7.62x54, .416, .375 H&H and .50 BMG</blockquote>

Yes, people underestimate surplus arms all the time. I once was shooting an iron sight Springfield 03-A3 on top of a shoe box next to some dude with a Sako PPC on a bench rest and I got smaller groups (exactly 1" center to center in the x ring). You should have seen the look on Mr. PPC's face when we walked up to our target frames.</blockquote>

I also have a 91/30 that is "mildily modified" and I also have a Romanian PSL for the long range stuff in 7.62x54. It essentially shoot 1/2 MOA at 400-600 yards. The .375 H&H is an old fashion Ruger One used for Buffalo hunting. It kicks... alot. I am trying to get ahold of an 03-A3, but it is not exactly cheap nowadays.

Anyways good luck and don't work too hard.

I vote for go cart racing...

-bix</blockquote>

My 03-A3 is sweet. It has never been refinished so the receiver has that nice green patina that only age can produce. The stock markings are visible so the stock has never been refinished either. Most DCM examples have been refinished, some refininished so badly that all of the edges on the receiver have been rounded and markings barely visible. It also has the 4 groove barrel which is rarer than the usual 2 groove models. With iron sights and 168 gr match bullets, the average group is 1.5 moa, the smallest are 1 moa. Sadly, my collection, including this piece, has been in storage for a few years and will remain there for the foreseeable future. Mrs. HG fears gats and I now have a very curious HG Jr. running around the house.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1225963261]I think you all are going about this the wrong way. I would much rather see Profette and Caycifsh wrestle it out in a inflatable pool of baby oil. :coolhmm:

Normally I would say Vic would pick up the drink tab. But, in this time of change, I think it would be best if Skek could spread his wealth in a very appropriate and needed IHB cause by picking up the tab.</blockquote>

This is the most inspirational thing I've heard all day.

[quote author="Daedalus" date=1225964158]Track, range or wrestling, I'm down. ;-)</blockquote>

How about two out of the three? Track and Range or range and wresteling... wait this sounds almost like a triathalon...

My soggy engineer middle might not be able to take it.

-bix

Just remember, just because we have chiselled abs and stunning features, it doesn't mean that we too can't not die in a freak gasoline fight accident.

Orange Mocha Frappacinos for all!

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1226022846]

How about two out of the three? Track and Range or range and wresteling... wait this sounds almost like a triathalon...

-bix</blockquote>

Uh, maybe I ought to be more clear. I'm only down for the wrestling spectator aspect during the Cayci/Prof thrilla. If you want to get all oiled up in the inflatatub you'll have to find some else to wrestle with...and to spectate. :lol:

Seriously, where do you go to shoot your big boys? My local range only accepts handguns.

[quote author="Daedalus" date=1226034060][quote author="biscuitninja" date=1226022846]

-bix</blockquote>

Uh, maybe I ought to be more clear. I'm only down for the wrestling spectator aspect during the Cayci/Prof thrilla. If you want to get all oiled up in the inflatatub you'll have to find some else to wrestle with...and to spectate. :lol:

Seriously, where do you go to shoot your big boys? My local range only accepts handguns.</blockquote>

Sorry there sthailor! :lol:

I go out to Rahhages (sp?) or Angulus Crest range. Those are about the only real ranges that go. I do get invited from time to time to play with the Marines.... They special forces guys are quite impressed with the old WWI/WWII stuff. Still deadily out to FAR ranges.... Only the older instructors are respectful, especially when they outshoot the younger kids! :lol: Still lots of fun to be had by all.... even for the nerdy engineer of the bunch.

-bix

Back