If you HAD to live in Irvine...

traceimage

Question for all of you: suppose you absolutely HAD to live in Irvine. Like you HAVE to live in Irvine, or you're going to drop dead. What area of Irvine would you pick, and why?

If there's no cost limit? Shady Canyon.
With reasonable cost but not open? Orchard Hills
Limited to today's current options? Lambert Ranch.

I'm only commenting with new construction in mind. I don't know enough about the other neighborhoods to comment on already-built homes.

irvinehomeowner said:
Based on the food that SoCal makes... her house... but she doesn't live in Irvine anymore... sigh.

Awww. How sweet, thank you.

"How MANY pies do I have to eat to make you happy!?!?!!" - Famous Mr. SoCal quote that had me in stitches after I went crazy one recent rainy, indoor weekend, knee-deep in pies. I like to keep him fat and happy. He doesn't usually complain until it hurts.  :p

Anywho. I've asked myself this question many times over the last, oh, four years and never found the answer to it. However, recently when contemplating how life would change, or should I say "wouldn't change" if I won the Mega Millions... I realized I would stay in Foothill Ranch in the same or a similar home. No Shady Canyon for me. Just continue on with the normal routine. Even the lottery doesn't solve the Irvine question for me. I guess that's because the question doesn't linger in my head anymore.

If I absolutely had to pick something? Mmm. I think Portola Springs as I lived there previously and like its remoteness. It's not as pretentious as other newer Irvine areas but still retains nice qualities.

i imagine trace was looking for answers that assume you can afford the place.  saying shady doesnt really make sense unless you really can afford it.

for our price band, we narrowed it down to WB.  we like QH and being next to 405 but lack of inventory and smaller house for our price band ruled it out. 

rkp said:
i imagine trace was looking for answers that assume you can afford the place.  saying shady doesnt really make sense unless you really can afford it.

for our price band, we narrowed it down to WB.  we like QH and being next to 405 but lack of inventory and smaller house for our price band ruled it out.
Excellent choice
The Castle home?

traceimage said:
Question for all of you: suppose you absolutely HAD to live in Irvine. Like you HAVE to live in Irvine, or you're going to drop dead. What area of Irvine would you pick, and why?

Laguna Altura because it's close to the Irvine Spectrum, the beaches, gated community, zoned to University High, and away from the landfill.

You see that dude on the top... in the Logo of Talk Irvine, thats how it feels to live in Irvine...

Its like "I am Legend" without the dog...

I guess thats why this forum is a popular way to communicate..

Warclaws said:
You see that dude on the top... in the Logo of Talk Irvine, thats how it feels to live in Irvine...

I guess thats why this forum is a popular way to communicate..

Maybe that's one reason why that dude left Irvine and moved to Foothill Ranch.  :D

Warclaws said:

So who are these guys? FCBs?
i_am_legend_zombie.jpg

"Give me shrimp paste!!!"

Had to live in Irvine, Turtles if I had the money, QH if I could find a good fit, PS if all else fails in hopes they would go up.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I would like to live in the District 12 in the City of Hunger Games. I think President Snow's real name is Donald.

A "Donald" did play Snow in the movie version, just not Irvine's Donald...  Reading the book, I always pictured Christopher Walken as Snow...

Back