Ideal location in Irvine (or OC) for single young professional to purchase a 3000 sf house?

Kali_IHB

I Love the area by Jamboree and Mitchell, many young professionals and amenities within walking distance. Most neighborhoods in Irvine I have seen are primarily family orientated.

Where is a cool, hip, high end place a single professional can buy a 3000 sf house with a backyard and attached garage.

Ideal location would be a 10 minute radius from John Wayne Airport.

<p>Still not sure on the price range... wherever the market will be in a few years from now... I am assuming in the 800k range??</p>

<p>Primary goal is to find the perfect location and work toward obtaining it.</p>

<p>What did you have in mind?</p>

<p><em>"Primary goal is to find the perfect location and work toward obtaining it."</em></p>

<p>Sounds like you have your priorities in order. Go and look at open houses for the next couple years. You will know.</p>

<em>"Where is a cool, hip, high end place a single professional can buy a 3000 sf house with a backyard and attached garage."</em>

Don't tell, but I hope you are making a lot of money...

Seriously though, if you have the income to support a property like that, save everything you can. If you have cash for a downpayment in a few years, you will be one of the few, and you will get a great deal.

Umm, maybe I'm dense, but why in the world would a single person need 3000 square feet? I live in a 3-floor townhome with 1750 square feet and we still feel like we're living in a museum some days. Why do you want that much?

Kali -

I'm not the coolest piece of ice in the freezer, but I have to say, I have never heard the words "cool, hip, high end, single professional, 3000 sf house" and "Irvine" all together. Heck, take out "Irvine" and I still haven't heard those words strung together. Have you thought of something in Newport? I'd also suggest Laguna, but it's not close enough to SNA.

<p>No offense, but I was wondering the same thing as Nude. Do you want your own home gym or something else that would require that kind of space?</p>

I thought he was planning ahead. You know. "Married, kids, dog, mortgage, the whole catastophe" <em>Zorba the Greek</em>

<p>Don't you need to hire a maid to help you clean that 3000 sqft place? </p>

<p>BTW, since when was Irvine "cool" and "hip"? And just where do the singles in Irvine go to dance, drink, and binge on the single life necessities? Anyone know of a clubbing scene that I never knew about in Irvine?</p>

Nice name Kali. Warcraft 2 fan perhaps? Blizzard employee?

Irvine is everything but cool and hip. If I was single I would head towards the beaches and rent. Laguna, Newport, even down to Capo would be fun places to live. Here in Irvine, 800k Might get you a 30 year old brady bunch home or a Villiage of Columbus home with 3k feet. Certainly nothing high end. Definitely not cool or hip areas. "HIgh end" 3k square foot homes are north of 2 million, like in Shady canyon or the Newport bluffs area.

I can't possibly imagine why a single guy would want to buy such a big home in the first place. Especially when now is the time to rent.

i'm assuming kali is a dude. if thats the case, i would say, don't invest too much into your home at this point. because one day a wife is going to come into the picture and make you throw out all the cool, hip stuff in your bachelor pad!

Unless one has a particular need, not sure it is a good idea to get a 3000 sq ft pad. I would rather go rent a house by the beach!

<p>acpme, if you are <u>assuming</u> kali is a dude - then you can't <u>assume</u> he is straight. Maybe kali is gay.</p>

<p>assumptions, assumptions . . . they always get me in trouble.</p>

Back