IAC - Cleaning and getting your security deposit back

OC guy_IHB

If I follow the IAC checklist to clean, will still try to withhold some of my security deposit? When I moved into the apt, I was the first tenant and we are very clean to begin with. I think the rate was $115 for full clean and diff rate for partial cleaning.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

the price difference between the spot clean and the full clean was minimal. From what i know it's nearly impossible to clean it up to standard by yourself so you might as well not invest any time in it and let them do the full clean.

[quote author="jh811" date=1242448217]the price difference between the spot clean and the full clean was minimal. From what i know it's nearly impossible to clean it up to standard by yourself so you might as well not invest any time in it and let them do the full clean.</blockquote>

I second that. Forget trying to clean yourself. If you even miss one thing they charge for pretty close to full clean anyways. Save yourself the stress and grief and leave it messy for them.

[quote author="OC Guy" date=1242447437]If I follow the IAC checklist to clean, will still try to withhold some of my security deposit? When I moved into the apt, I was the first tenant and we are very clean to begin with. I think the rate was $115 for full clean and diff rate for partial cleaning.

Any tips/advice would be appreciated.</blockquote>

If you type "IAC cleaning deposit" into the search bar, you will get a few threads where this topic has been discussed along with rates, laws, etc. Hope this helps. (The search bar is located in your upper right-hand corner.)

don't expect to get your full deposit back. one of the final few pages of that 36 page lease agreement mentions what you can expect to pay for your final move out expenses. Unless you're willing to go to war over what "normal wear and tear" is, it's best to just let them have the few hundred dollars they intend to take.

Back