I watched it so you don't have to tear you eyes out..."Million Dollar Listing"

Tonights featured property. Should be interesting. It is a cool pad.

<a href="http://www.redfin.com/CA/Corona-Del-Mar/2717-Shell-St-92625/home/3254386">Shell St.</a>

<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/16/67m-cdm-house-on-tv-tonight/43777/">Background info</a>

Okay, Madison is definitely living in LALALand. Convincing that woman to lease her home because she can sell when the "market comes back" was absurd. He has no reason, other than stupidity for suggesting this, he honestly believes the market is just going to magically return to where it was very soon. I'm sure the woman will really appreciate it when she is trying to sell it for 5 Million instead of the "under 9" amount she didn't want to sell it for now. It seems that Madison is trying to survive on leases and has all but given up trying to convince overly optimistic and unrealistic sellers that they need to drop their price. I am amazed that this seller is so young and so wealthy, has two multi-million dollar homes in LA and yet is so stupid that she doesn't have an ounce of real estate sense. Madison is shooting himself in the foot as far as future business. At least Josh told the dumb NB people that it wasn't going to work and he bailed when they wouldn't drop their price. Of course, no one let the viewers know that the place was going to be foreclosed anyway and it was probably already a short sale.

[quote author="awgee" date=1258525199]It seems Josh is a good negotiator.</blockquote>

Josh is 23. Overall, I am impressed with his guts and acumen.

[quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1258526100][quote author="awgee" date=1258525199]It seems Josh is a good negotiator.</blockquote>

Josh is 23. Overall, I am impressed with his guts and acumen.</blockquote>

You think that was staged? It looked a bit too sketchy with the whole meeting in the hills, talking car to car stuff.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1258541151][quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1258526100][quote author="awgee" date=1258525199]It seems Josh is a good negotiator.</blockquote>

You think that was staged? It looked a bit too sketchy with the whole meeting in the hills, talking car to car stuff.</blockquote>

I was wondering that also. And I was wondering if the real negotiating did not occur earlier and the car negotiations were based on the actual? Josh is not an actor and the words and disposition flowed out of him as if it was his persona.

[quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1258526100][quote author="awgee" date=1258525199]It seems Josh is a good negotiator.</blockquote>

The guy is a deal maker and pushes hard for his clients...I can respect that.

[quote author="awgee" date=1258541672][quote author="morekaos" date=1258541151][quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1258526100][quote author="awgee" date=1258525199]It seems Josh is a good negotiator.</blockquote>

You think that was staged? It looked a bit too sketchy with the whole meeting in the hills, talking car to car stuff.</blockquote>

I was wondering that also. And I was wondering if the real negotiating did not occur earlier and the car negotiations were based on the actual? Josh is not an actor and the words and disposition flowed out of him as if it was his persona.</blockquote>

Someone in my house stopped the taping of the last 15 minutes, so I am assuming this is all something I missed. Hopefully the TIVO will pick it up again today.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1258543031][quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1258526100][quote author="awgee" date=1258525199]It seems Josh is a good negotiator.</blockquote>

The guy is a deal maker and pushes hard for his clients...I can respect that.</blockquote>

I don't disagree but the whole thing looked a bit fake. Kindda like the drama in the Hills. If he negotiated that deal before I would think non the less of him, he got a good price for his client.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1258543641][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1258543031][quote author="CapitalismWorks" date=1258526100][quote author="awgee" date=1258525199]It seems Josh is a good negotiator.</blockquote>

The guy is a deal maker and pushes hard for his clients...I can respect that.</blockquote>

I don't disagree but the whole thing looked a bit fake. Kindda like the drama in the Hills. If he negotiated that deal before I would think non the less of him, he got a good price for his client.</blockquote>
I will also say that he has the ability to read people pretty well, he could see that those flippers wanted that property and were just low balling with that $5.3M offer. I honestly thought that they'd get a deal done at $5.9M before it was all said and done. I don't think they negotiated the deal before they met up in the hills....I think they met there for the dramatics though.

I got stuck at home this morning, and the Mrs. was watching Bravo. I caught this nugget:

<blockquote>I grew up in 'The 'Bu' so I feel totally confortable taking listings there.</blockquote> - one of those fools.

I'm going to punch myself in the face and go to work now.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1258593188]I got stuck at home this morning, and the Mrs. was watching Bravo. I caught this nugget:

<blockquote>I grew up in 'The 'Bu' so I feel totally confortable taking listings there.</blockquote> - one of those fools.

I'm going to punch myself in the face and go to work now.</blockquote>

Yes, I know, I know. I just can't help but to be entertained by these guys though.

<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/18/700-cake-cant-sell-tv-house">Update from Lansner on CDM property</a>

[quote author="tmare" date=1258627334]<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/18/700-cake-cant-sell-tv-house">Update from Lansner on CDM property</a></blockquote>

That was the easiest survey question I think I've ever seen.

The story hints at their success, or lack there of.

Do you guys know how successful (total sales) they are at closing deals for the last say 3-4 years?

[quote author="autox" date=1259128943]The story hints at their success, or lack there of.

Do you guys know how successful (total sales) they are at closing deals for the last say 3-4 years?</blockquote>
I can pull it up on my MLS...I'm busy right now but I'll post it up around Thanksgiving Day.

That was too funny when Josh's client pulled up to his house in the Lambo and couldn't get it up the driveway so they just left. That was a hilarious scene which left Josh saying "What just happened?"

[quote author="traceimage" date=1259129926]I just have to say...that guy spent $600 on his stupid shaggy hair?</blockquote>

I expect that from a guy that spends $700 on a cake that no one ate.

Chad is such an idiot, but he is very entertaining. Josh has finally won me over, he is the best idiot of the three.

Back