I watched it so you don't have to tear you eyes out..."Million Dollar Listing"

I also watched last night and was pleasantly surprised at how these three d-bags ( I still hate em) actually adjusted to the market. I give them credit. One actually walked from that fool kid who wanted to hold out for 10 Mil. I imagine she still is sitting there waiting in big empty house. The other buffoon actually sold a (God forbid) "sub million dollar listing". The last guy actually accepted a lease offering then got hosed on it when the owner decided not to rent after he had put in all the work getting a tenant. Could it get any worse? I think it must

[quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Also, did that house ever sell? The seller was holding firm on a $10 million price. Anyone know if it actually did sell and how much it ended up selling for?</blockquote>

I agree, I know a bunch of people who ar looking to find out where that house is. Any IHB detectives have a clue?

[quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Also, did that house ever sell? The seller was holding firm on a $10 million price. Anyone know if it actually did sell and how much it ended up selling for?</blockquote>

I agree, I know a bunch of people who ar looking to find out where that house is. Any IHB detectives have a clue?</blockquote>
Give me 15 minutes and I'll find it....MLS is my friend!

Here you go....

The property address 2680 Bowmont Dr. Beverly Hills, CA 90210. Co-Listed for $10,995,000 with Myra Nourmant. The funniest part was that the home sold on 4/6/09 for $7.5M. The home was previously purchased for $2,175,000 on 5/25/05.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256696334][quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

I agree, I know a bunch of people who ar looking to find out where that house is. Any IHB detectives have a clue?</blockquote>

Here you go....

The property address 2680 Bowmont Dr. Beverly Hills, CA 90210. Co-Listed for $10,995,000 with Myra Nourmant. The funniest part was that the home sold on 4/6/09 for $7.5M. The home was previously purchased for $2,175,000 on 5/25/05.</blockquote>

Wait, First, of all I thought this property was in Newport Coast. Second, I thought it was worth 10 Million (Myra said so) Third, what a dope, They had a cash offer at 8 million from Bonehead.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1256698238][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256696334][quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Here you go....

The property address 2680 Bowmont Dr. Beverly Hills, CA 90210. Co-Listed for $10,995,000 with Myra Nourmant. The funniest part was that the home sold on 4/6/09 for $7.5M. The home was previously purchased for $2,175,000 on 5/25/05.</blockquote>

Wait, First, of all I thought this property was in Newport Coast. Second, I thought it was worth 10 Million (Myra said so) Third, what a dope, They had a cash offer at 8 million from Bonehead.</blockquote>
I think he brought up Newport Coast when he was talking to her. Going through all of Josh's activity in 2008 and 2009, he didn't have anything in Orange County. Also, it looks like all of Josh's active listings including 2 land listings are co-listed with Brendan Fitzpatrick.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256699058][quote author="morekaos" date=1256698238][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256696334][quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Here you go....

Wait, First, of all I thought this property was in Newport Coast. Second, I thought it was worth 10 Million (Myra said so) Third, what a dope, They had a cash offer at 8 million from Bonehead.</blockquote>
I think he brought up Newport Coast when he was talking to her. Going through all of Josh's activity in 2008 and 2009, he didn't have anything in Orange County. Also, it looks like all of Josh's active listings including 2 land listings are co-listed with Brendan Fitzpatrick.</blockquote>

I can't believe I am wasting our time on this but Dude how did you find this house? There are people going mad on the blogs looking for it and nobody can find it

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256699058][quote author="morekaos" date=1256698238][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256696334][quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Here you go....

I think he brought up Newport Coast when he was talking to her. Going through all of Josh's activity in 2008 and 2009, he didn't have anything in Orange County. Also, it looks like all of Josh's active listings including 2 land listings are co-listed with Brendan Fitzpatrick.</blockquote>

Saw the episode. Thought Josh met up w/ the top newport agent to get access to prospective buyers in the area since he's from BH. Could've sworn the house was in Newport.

When i watch, I always think which of the 3 I'd use to list/buy a house. Probably go w/ Josh.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1256704917][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256699058][quote author="morekaos" date=1256698238][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256696334][quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Here you go....

I can't believe I am wasting our time on this but Dude how did you find this house? There are people going mad on the blogs looking for it and nobody can find it</blockquote>
Well, I pop open my MLS...then I got to the Member Info then to Roster. Then I typed in his full name and I can search his activity going back up to 10 years. I narrowed the search down to 2008 to 2009 and looking for a price around $10M. And BAM, there it was. Membership (in the MLS) has its benefits. ;)

[quote author="childplease" date=1256708124][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256699058][quote author="morekaos" date=1256698238][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256696334][quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Here you go....

Saw the episode. Thought Josh met up w/ the top newport agent to get access to prospective buyers in the area since he's from BH. Could've sworn the house was in Newport.

When i watch, I always think which of the 3 I'd use to list/buy a house. Probably go w/ Josh.</blockquote>
Out of the 3 guys, Josh is definitely the most vocal and "I'm gonna speak my mind and not kiss your ass" agent out of the bunch. He definitely is a go-getter, knows how to get a deal closed, and speaks his mind....and I do respect that.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256709218][quote author="childplease" date=1256708124][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256699058][quote author="morekaos" date=1256698238][quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1256696334][quote author="morekaos" date=1256694971][quote author="SacRenter" date=1256649286]Watched the latest episode tonight and had a few questions for you IHB folks about the Newport Coast home. First off - when they showed the property they claimed that it had a view of downtown LA. Is that possible? I've spent a decent amount of time in Newport Coast and it seems inconceivable to me that you could see the "downtown LA skyline" from there.

Here you go....

When i watch, I always think which of the 3 I'd use to list/buy a house. Probably go w/ Josh.</blockquote>
Out of the 3 guys, Josh is definitely the most vocal and "I'm gonna speak my mind and not kiss your ass" agent out of the bunch. He definitely is a go-getter, knows how to get a deal closed, and speaks his mind....and I do respect that.</blockquote>

He is also the least likeable IMO

Well looks like Josh snuck one in on you SC. The house was in Newport Coast. Maybe he never was on the listing but the guy who made the offer had to sell the beast after it went into foreclosure (ironic). I thought they paid 4 million for the place so I don't understand how a sale price of 7 million adds up to a foreclosure. Nice move Girl!!

<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/10/28/unsold-on-tv-foreclosure-hits-newport-mansion/41469/">million dollar listing</a>

So here?s the rest of the story ?.

A Newport Coast home was featured Monday night on Bravo TV?s ?Million Dollar Listing,? with an asking price of just under $10 million.

There was a big fight over the difference between that price and the $8 million cash offer.

What you didn?t see play out on the show: The 6-bedroom, 9-bath Pelican Crest house wound up not selling, then going into foreclosure a few weeks after the episode was taped.

And the Realtor who made the $8M offer, which the owner deemed ?insulting,? was the one who the lenders called to sell the property after they took it over!

And sell it he did. Lance Fogel of Hom Real Estate Group in Newport Beach got $7,050,000 for it.

Not without some drama, though. He said the house fell out of escrow repeatedly before selling. At one point, a flooded basement caused $200,000 worth of damage, he said, and led to the price drop.

The listing on the 11,500-square foot home at 25 Skyridge said in part:

? ?Villa Florencia? on a grand scale! This brand new Pelican Crest estate boasts unobstructed views from Catalina Island to downtown Los Angeles ? Have a hundred of your closest friends over for a BBQ, or a dozen for the weekend.?

Flagg

The house has a commercial-size elevator, swimming pool, theater, grand salon, and an oversized 3rd story master suite with a balcony.

?It?s very new money,? was how Josh Flagg, the Realtor on ?Million Dollar Listing? described the place. Flagg had the co-listing on the house before it went into foreclosure. But, the home, which he snickered was not the ?Taj Mahal?, wouldn?t draw $10 million ?for a long time,? he figured.

He was unable to convince the owner of that, who called the $8 million offer ?ridiculous.? His lost commission: $80,000.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1256766036]

?It?s very new money,? was how Josh Flagg, the Realtor on ?Million Dollar Listing? described the place. Flagg had the co-listing on the house before it went into foreclosure. But, the home, which he snickered was not the ?Taj Mahal?, wouldn?t draw $10 million ?for a long time,? he figured.

He was unable to convince the owner of that, who called the $8 million offer ?ridiculous.? His lost commission: $80,000.</blockquote>

I have never watched more than five minutes of this show at a time, but I think I like this Josh guy.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1256766036]Well looks like Josh snuck one in on you SC. The house was in Newport Coast. Maybe he never was on the listing but the guy who made the offer had to sell the beast after it went into foreclosure (ironic). I thought they paid 4 million for the place so I don't understand how a sale price of 7 million adds up to a foreclosure. Nice move Girl!!

<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/10/28/unsold-on-tv-foreclosure-hits-newport-mansion/41469/">million dollar listing</a>

So here?s the rest of the story ?.

A Newport Coast home was featured Monday night on Bravo TV?s ?Million Dollar Listing,? with an asking price of just under $10 million.

There was a big fight over the difference between that price and the $8 million cash offer.

What you didn?t see play out on the show: The 6-bedroom, 9-bath Pelican Crest house wound up not selling, then going into foreclosure a few weeks after the episode was taped.

And the Realtor who made the $8M offer, which the owner deemed ?insulting,? was the one who the lenders called to sell the property after they took it over!

And sell it he did. Lance Fogel of Hom Real Estate Group in Newport Beach got $7,050,000 for it.

Not without some drama, though. He said the house fell out of escrow repeatedly before selling. At one point, a flooded basement caused $200,000 worth of damage, he said, and led to the price drop.

The listing on the 11,500-square foot home at 25 Skyridge said in part:

? ?Villa Florencia? on a grand scale! This brand new Pelican Crest estate boasts unobstructed views from Catalina Island to downtown Los Angeles ? Have a hundred of your closest friends over for a BBQ, or a dozen for the weekend.?

Flagg

The house has a commercial-size elevator, swimming pool, theater, grand salon, and an oversized 3rd story master suite with a balcony.

He was unable to convince the owner of that, who called the $8 million offer ?ridiculous.? His lost commission: $80,000.</blockquote>
Nice recon work because it wasn't listed by Josh or even co-listed by Josh based upon the MLS database. When Josh was selling the home, it was listed by Rex McDown.

<blockquote>Nice recon work because it wasn?t listed by Josh or even co-listed by Josh based upon the MLS database. When Josh was selling the home, it was listed by Rex McDown.</blockquote>

This makes me wonder if sellers are calling these guys to get the tv exposure more than actually wanting them to represent them. There have been a few other situations on this show where the boys were "co-listing" or brought into unusual situations to sell the homes. I wonder how many of their on-air clients were brought in by the show, not by the boys.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA" date=1255474509][quote author="morekaos" date=1255472057]This show, like OC Housewives, is going to be such a disaster area it is kinda fascinating to watch. The three Douche brokers they follow are so over the top that you just hate them instantly. I watched this thing last year and it seemed the markets had not tipped just yet in BH. However, this year may be a bit different...ya think? Things in the BH and Malibu start out swimmingly but soon head into the trash can behind the Red Onion on Rodeo. The market does not seem to want to stay up...ooops. From what I can see it will just get worse in following shows. Too much fun, I think it will parallel the downfall on Housewives. There is already interviews in the Register as these Realtards expand their markets down to the OC in search of ANY Million Dollar listing that is left.

<a href="http://southcoasthomes.freedomblogging.com/2009/10/12/bravos-reality-stars-look-to-coastal-oc-in-damaged-housing-market/ ">What the Three Stooges think</a></blockquote>
Funny that you mention that show. I actually enjoyed watching and was hoping they'd come out with this season to see them coming back down to earth. I missed the first 2 episodes. :( But I will get a guilty pleasure watching the market humble these jokers. Most of them go some of their business through their family connections.</blockquote>

They do frequent re-runs. I also enjoy the show. Seeing these guys fight over petty things is pretty funny. Also, I notice between filming and production the show is lagging real time by about 9-12 months, maybe more in some cases. Last year they had a guy who was more of a hippie but he seemed like the coolest one of them all, and was honest. I'd work for that guy, maybe he found a different profession now.

Wow, Josh got clowned by those other brokers at the broker's open on that raw land listing in Malibu. I commend his vision and creativity on his marketing plan, but since he did not ever have experience selling a piece of raw land in Malibu he had no idea to ask the seller the questions the brokers threw at him. No one is born a land broker, but he should have at least spoken to his broker to see what additional information he needed to get from the seller for possible questions from buyers agents and buyers. A good agent knows what they know and know what they don't know but are willing to learn.

[quote author="morekaos" date=1257291847]What about Madison's client? That guy oozes BS. How can you NOT find a foreclosure deal in Calabasas right now?</blockquote>

I don't have a clue why they would choose Calabasas when this guy so obviously doesn't want a tract home. Yes, he could be BS'ing, but I don't think Madison really gets what he is looking for.

I watched some of this show last night. I'd never seen it before, but there was NOTHING else on and I was bored. I actually thought it was kind of entertaining! Like the Malibu land guy making the little guy (Josh?) jump through hoops and come to Montana to work on his farm. And the shaggy-haired realtor guy making a nice dinner for his gf to ask her to give him 50% ownership in her dog. Heh. Anyone know what happened with that? I turned it off to go to bed...

I guess I'll find out when I get around to watching the rest of the episode. I have to agree, I am truly entertained. I love Flipping Out also but I have to squeeze these two shows into times when my husband isn't watching (he just hates it all) and I can actually watch TV (which isn't often).

Back