I have found Atlantis...it is located in Talega

morekaos

Take a close look at this random Talega neighborhood with 12 homes for sale. ALL are short sales. All are losses, some 50%. That is staggering, not 1 not 2?ALL are down. Talega is a total disaster. There is no debating that fact

http://www.redfin.com/search#lat=33.479688376653925&long=-117.58847236633301&market=socal&uipt=4,1&v=5&zoomLevel=16

The reason this area is so good for our conversation is that most of it was built and sold from 2003-2009, it gives us a good idea of what has happened to relatively NEW construction. These homes are pretty new so no big knock down rebuilds here. These are basically the same homes. Face it pretty much ALL of them have fallen in price. That is the apples to apples facts. Same homes in similar condition selling for significantly less 1-2 and 4 years after they were built. This even shocked me. If the homes for sale have dropped this much than I think you can assume most if not all of them have

It becomes a matter of is it worth living there vs. the cost of living there.

HOAs are high, gas prices are high etc etc etc... why has this not happened in other areas that had buildouts at the same time?

Quail Hill, Woodbury and other newer 'hoods in Irvine built around the same time do not have a 50% loss... why Talega?

I find that interesting as everyone I hear who lives in Talega really likes it there so why such a drop?

Isn't this pretty much the case in Ladera? Or they have a little bit more safety since some were built earlier?

Either way, my feelings on both communities is the commute would SUCK!

[quote author="25inIrvine"]Isn't this pretty much the case in Ladera? Or they have a little bit more safety since some were built earlier?

Either way, my feelings on both communities is the commute would SUCK![/quote]
25InIrvine - you must be 26 by now. ;D

Back